MLB regular season thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The Mets' offense has scored 10 runs against the Pirates in only 5 2/3 innings. This is not a drill. Repeat, not a drill!

Have to see if they build on that now. Sometimes that loosens everyone up and things come easier. That team should win 105 games with their pitching staff if they even hit slightly above average

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC

Good lord.

982aebe2d39aaf5c291f64f526166066.jpg

That is just filthy movement. And of course he'd be striking out a Bucco.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Is it just me or does Paxton get squeezed a lot? Probably just confirmation bias but it's happening again today.

Reds wont trade Duvall.

Nope. He's been great, despite his lack of walks/OBP.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
When the A's got Billy Butler, Clowe Me was alright with it because Butler gets on the base.

Well, we now know that getting on the base isn't worth much when you're Billy Butler.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Wisler needed that win. His first few starts, he was lights out. The last few, he's had over an 8 ERA. In his previous two starts, he only lasted a combined 8 innings with 6 HRs and 13 runs.

Today was needed.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Wisler needed that win. His first few starts, he was lights out. The last few, he's had over an 8 ERA. In his previous two starts, he only lasted a combined 8 innings with 6 HRs and 13 runs.

Today was needed.

So glad the Mets miss him in both of these next two series, thats truly remarkable luck considering they play Atlanta 7 times in 9 days. He's the only guy in that rotation that scares me, we have absolutely owned Teheran in the past.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
So glad the Mets miss him in both of these next two series, thats truly remarkable luck considering they play Atlanta 7 times in 9 days. He's the only guy in that rotation that scares me, we have absolutely owned Teheran in the past.

Tehran has looked fantastic this year, but the Mets do have a way of figuring him out, for sure.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Wisler's main problem just seems to be when he faces lineups with a bunch of mashers or if he's pitching in a launching pad. Curious to see if he can break through that, but even if he can't, I think he'll continue to be a mostly very effective pitcher, pitching in Atlanta and also the NL East often more generally.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Tehran has looked fantastic this year, but the Mets do have a way of figuring him out, for sure.

The guy drives you nuts. Outside of that 1 great season he had he seems to be 3-4 good starts, 1-2 terrible ones rinse and repeat.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
http://espn.go.com/mlb/insider/stor...rates-place-andrew-mccutchen-trade-market-mlb

Dont have insider, maybe someone who does can post what it says? Would make one helluva TD tho.

I don't have it either, but would be very curious to see what it says. I'm too subjective of an evaluator -- the idea of trading Cutch at all irks me, because he is quite literally the embodiment of the Pirates turnaround. Even though it makes all the sense in the world to maximize his value via a trade, I want Bob Nutting to not be a cheap ass for once in his life and pay out his ass to make Cutch a Pirate for life, even if that means he's our Joe Mauer in three years.

As framing, we have Austin Meadows tearing it up in AA right now. He probably needs a decent bit more time in the minors, but it's not totally inconceivable to me that he could break into MLB by July or August of next summer.

Cutch regressing this year and maybe nursing a minor injury again all year probably doesn't do wonders for his trade value, but the time would be more now than next summer to max out his value. My thinking is so subjective that I can't even begin to imagine possible suitors, or what the starting point would be. From the Pirates perspective it's pretty easy to say we want a stud young pitcher as the cornerstone who is already proven in MLB, but that's going to be hard to pry from basically anyone.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
That was terrible pitching by Lewis there, you're up 5-0 just groove 3 pitches down the middle. If he gets a hit then fine, but don't lose it this late on a walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad