MLB regular season thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
It'll be a damn shame when he doesn't make the ASG because Posey and Yadi both are chosen over him...

agreed, leads major league catchers in every category (including ops, obs and slg)

and hes barely ahead of miguel montero haha who has a .210 batting average and 15 rbi

kingsholygrail

Almost there.. 38-22-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
So what is Grandal's real value anyway? Just his catching ability? He can't hit any better than the pitchers. he makes base running errors. The guy is a walking out.

Last edited:

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Pillar's slide looked a bit to the side of the bag and went right into the fielder's leg and then he pulled up and rolled into him. Not intentional though.

I think it would have been fine if he didn't roll up into him but he did and he hadn't slid into the bag at that point.

Question for you....how has Peraza been for you guys? He was our top prospect when traded for Olivera (shudders). Also, how did he land on the Reds?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Ah. Thanks. He's actually up with the big guys right now. Not sure how long that'll last.

Depends on if a trade for Cozart is in the works, though he's going to be our utility infielder for now. Peraza has been moved over to SS in the minors and he's looked pretty good there. He's 'ok', but I'm not sure how much real upside is there (I don't see him doing much better than his current AAA line at the plate). Still decent for a SS though, but he's nothing really to write home about. He just doesn't have any power upside at all, and his walk rate pretty much reflects that though he should be able to hit for a pretty good average since he knows to keep the ball down or on a line and uses his speed well.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Pirates getting piped but then again it's Jake being Jake.

Cubs prove they are all class. Rizzo hit twice, just win the game and leave the child sideshows for lesser teams. The bitterness of mediocre.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Pirates getting piped but then again it's Jake being Jake.

Cubs prove they are all class. Rizzo hit twice, just win the game and leave the child sideshows for lesser teams. The bitterness of mediocre.

At least they are being nice and not rubbing in the five championhiops they have since the Losers last won.

This was funny tho --

unnamed.jpg

Only expected to miss 4-6 weeks.

Can't wait for the Tigers to overypay for some ****** outfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->