MLB regular season thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Why not challenge the guy a little there. It's not like it's a close game. Give him a pitch to swing at. He missed completely with 3 of 4 there.

Probably got in his head a bit though. Still has the no no

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
It's always easier said than done. I am nowhere near a pro, but when I was cruising in a game, sometimes out of nowhere i'd forget how to find the strike zone to a batter then be fine afterwards.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
http://espn.go.com/mlb/insider/stor...rates-place-andrew-mccutchen-trade-market-mlb

Dont have insider, maybe someone who does can post what it says? Would make one helluva TD tho.

-McCutchen's K rate is trending up, his BB rate is trending down, contact rate is going down, swing and a miss rate is going up, batting average is going down, isolated power (slugging minus batting average) is going down, steals are going down...

-Defensive metrics are declining

-Indians may be interested

-Have Meadows waiting in the low minors

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Looked like Pillar never slid into the bag looked pretty illegal

Edit: ya it was ruled a double play.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
This new slide rule is fun. Jays are now 0-4 on calls. 3 where they got called, 1 where the opponent did not.

They must have thought it was a roll block, but that's not a roll block.

He literally slide to stay on the bag by coming up over the base. 1st we need to stay on the base, but now if you come up a bit to stay on the base you must be intefering or something so don't come up to try to stop yourself.

I don't get it

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Pillar's slide looked a bit to the side of the bag and went right into the fielder's leg and then he pulled up and rolled into him. Not intentional though.

I think it would have been fine if he didn't roll up into him but he did and he hadn't slid into the bag at that point.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Who's ya pappa now Luke Hochevar? Miggy is ya poppa now.

I like it. Almost hashtag worthy. But not as good as #krisbryantisbestisbetter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad