GDT: MLB/Red Sox 2014 P5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
****ing embarrassing seeing his butt licked by Boston fans. Everyone blowing him should be ashamed of themselves. Let Cleveland or KC fans do that but not us.

I stopped hating jeter for close to a decade too up until this year but the hatred sure has come back seeing our traitorous disloyal fans rim him. Really really ashamed of it.

These are the same fools who bash Manny for putting the team on his back 2 playoffs and ending a 80+ year dought because he didn't run out a few ground balls and wanted his option picked up. They'll hate on that guy and then turn around and rim jeter. Disgusting.

Such beautiful sentiments.

You are truly the Bard of Boston.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
There isn't an active catcher that has played as long exclusively behind the plate as AJ Peirzinski. Why don't we honor him next year for his commitment and longevity? Hes a clutch playoff performer too.

Why?

If Jeter had those stats and was Ozzie Smith in the field maybe he'd deserve some of this adulation our fans want to give him but he doesn't deserve any of it from us. Its beyond pathetic.

Excellent comparison. Pierzynski (that is who you meant, correct?) = Jeter

Very surprised I hadn't seen those two linked before.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Rubby had a great outing today. He has been up and down and still has some control issues but I really like him. He was the guy I was most excited about in the LA trade.

Nice to see Cespedes finally hit one out.

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA
BTW if Jeter was an extremely dominant player who was worth the price of admission to see I would understand it.

But he just played for a long time on very good teams. Yes he was clutch but a Boston fan should have no appreciation for a rival being clutch. Only matters for our own.

If Jeter wasn't a Yankee playing with the stacked lineups he had through the years he'd be much like Craig Biggio. Still a great player and Hall of Famer (I think Biggio eventually gets there) but because it's NY and the teams he's been on many regard as a first ballot HOFer which he will be, and an all-time great generational player which I don't think he is. Naturally Jeter gets the class and intangibles edge over Biggio also:sarcasm:.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
I'm in the San Francisco area for a couple days....What an incredible place...and what a great baseball city.

I've seen Giants, A's, Dodgers, Red Sox, Royals, Yankees, and Brewers hats/shirts all in one day.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
Rubby had a great outing today. He has been up and down and still has some control issues but I really like him. He was the guy I was most excited about in the LA trade.

Nice to see Cespedes finally hit one out.

Yea Rubby did great today to shut down that Angels lineup.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I'm in the San Francisco area for a couple days....What an incredible place...and what a great baseball city.

I've seen Giants, A's, Dodgers, Red Sox, Royals, Yankees, and Brewers hats/shirts all in one day.

Never thought of it until this post, but I wonder where and how many teams you could see in a 3 or 4 day period, if the schedule fell into place.

I guess you could do it with Chicago or NY too but, if you stayed a week in those areas, you could conceivably see 7-8 different teams.

Say Cubs-Reds Sunday afternoon, White Sox-Red Sox Sunday night. Cubs-Phillies Monday night. White Sox-Yankees Tuesday, Cubs-Brewers Thursday and White Sox-Orioles Friday night.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
Never thought of it until this post, but I wonder where and how many teams you could see in a 3 or 4 day period, if the schedule fell into place.

I guess you could do it with Chicago or NY too but, if you stayed a week in those areas, you could conceivably see 7-8 different teams.

Say Cubs-Reds Sunday afternoon, White Sox-Red Sox Sunday night. Cubs-Phillies Monday night. White Sox-Yankees Tuesday, Cubs-Brewers Thursday and White Sox-Orioles Friday night.

Yea LA must be the center of the baseball scouting world. Angels, Dodgers and Padres all in one area....like Devils, Rangers, Isles, Philly

You could catch a bunch of games and then fly up to Oak/SF to see more.

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
Yea LA must be the center of the baseball scouting world. Angels, Dodgers and Padres all in one area....like Devils, Rangers, Isles, Philly

You could catch a bunch of games and then fly up to Oak/SF to see more.

I don't know. If you count San Diego as the same area as LA, you can count Milwaukee and Chicago as same area. Or Philly and New York. Or Philly and Baltimore/DC.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA

I've contemplated vacationing to Cali for a week with the sole purpose of doing this. Just traveling the state, going to a game in each stadium. So beautiful out there, and great baseball. 5 freaking teams in that state. Amazing.

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006

I've done a couple trips like that.

Did Cubs-Pirates (Mark Prior's ML debut, which I wish would have turned into a bigger deal), Brewers-Dodgers, Brewers-Padres, and White Sox-Tigers

About a week later did

Pirates-Cubs, Reds-Braves, Indians-White Sox, Tigers-Blue Jays, Blue Jays-Devil Rays, Expos-Pirates.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Can't watch tonight's game but these tweets have me rolling....

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe
Ortiz chasing a foul pop was pretty amusing. He looked like a bear running from bees

Tim Britton @TimBritton
David Ortiz battles Jackie Bradley, Jr. to see who catches more foul pop-ups near the dugout. Bradley starts from CF, of course.

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe
Papi said last year that whenever there’s a pop-up he yells at Pedroia to get it and he gets out of the way.

Was it really that bad? :laugh:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
My vote for the best regular season at bat/home run I have ever seen and I am not kidding.

Broxton throws one up and in at his head- complete message pitch, and Cespedes shows ZERO fear, gets back in and hits not just a homerun but a bleeping bomb. Crushed- Babe Ruth and Harmon Killebrew would have been proud to call that theirs.

Oh? and it turned a 2-1 deficit into a 3-2 lead and eventually win.

That was one signature home run- check it out

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

thanks for the link

I'd like to insert Ortiz into this and see how he would have reacted.

My guess he would have spun the bat on home plate; taken 40 seconds around the base and when getting to home plate glare at the pitcher.

Cespedes likely got the attention of a lot of folks around baseball both for his action but reaction. that is text book A+

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
What would you guys rather just throwing this out there.

Keep XB, and trade for Stanton
Or
Trade him with 2 prospects for Tulu
Then Trade for Stanton with a package around WMB Cepedes and 3 of our top 5 prospects

Have a proven line-up for next year

Holt 3B
Pedy
Stanton
Tulu
Papi
Napoli
Craig
Vazquez
Bradley/ other Cf

Give holt a year to prove himself if he proves to be a flash in the pan and you still have Cecchini or Betts then you can put them in.

Now that depletes our farm but when you core for the next 5 years is Stanton, Craig, Tulu, Pedy you don't have to have a great system

I see Craig moving to 1B when Napoli is up aswell.

24giovanni

Aug 2, 2005
My vote for the best regular season at bat/home run I have ever seen and I am not kidding.

Broxton throws one up and in at his head- complete message pitch, and Cespedes shows ZERO fear, gets back in and hits not just a homerun but a bleeping bomb. Crushed- Babe Ruth and Harmon Killebrew would have been proud to call that theirs.

Oh? and it turned a 2-1 deficit into a 3-2 lead and eventually win.

That was one signature home run- check it out

Are you forgetting this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77ilKxKJSa0

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
tulowitzki has never played a full season.

the most he's ever played is 155 games and he did that seven years ago.

his line of injuries should be worrisome considering he's owed at least 119 million dollars until his age 35 season. quad, rib, groin and hip injuries and he's not 30 yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad