GDT: MLB/Red Sox 2014 P5

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
John Heyman hearing Sox will be going after Stanton. Expect multiple prospects and Cespedes. Interesting

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
John Heyman hearing Sox will be going after Stanton. Expect multiple prospects and Cespedes. Interesting

See, this is what I hate about baseball.

We've heard over and over again that the Marlins aren't going to move the guy.
However, it's just a matter of time before they're forced to get something while they can or lose him for the compensatory pick.

This would be the equivalent of Brad Pitt sweeping in and stealing my wife from me just because he can.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
In fairness to.....MLB I guess......I don't think Stanton wants to play there. I don't think they could offer him a contract he'll accept.

Nah, I hear ya.

I think one of the better things for the league has been the revival of teams like Pittsburgh and Baltimore in recent years.

It's not good to have the same teams in the playoffs year after year.

I don't really have much sympathy for the Marlins as they've won it all twice and proceeded to blow it up afterwards.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
MLB is so flush with cash that most teams are locking up there young talent without issue. In this case the issue seems to be that Stanton hates the owner.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
T.J. Quinn
@TJQuinnESPN
Two law enforcement sources tell me investigation revealed previously unnamed MLB players. Names will be revealed. Expect more suspensions.

large father must be sweatnig

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Nah, mostly just a fan of the game. I follow the league, but don't really have much of a rooting interest.

I like the Blue Jays cause we have their AA team in Manchester.

Not a fan of Ortiz.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
T.J. Quinn
@TJQuinnESPN
Two law enforcement sources tell me investigation revealed previously unnamed MLB players. Names will be revealed. Expect more suspensions.

large father must be sweatnig

I doubt it. It says previously unnamed. Papi was named a long time ago. Unless they mean unnamed to the AROD clinic. :laugh:

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Nah, mostly just a fan of the game. I follow the league, but don't really have much of a rooting interest.

I like the Blue Jays cause we have their AA team in Manchester.

Not a fan of Ortiz.

Fisher cats lol.
I like being on the walking bridge thats in between queen city bridge and granite street brodge near their stadium to watch the fireworks when they win, its been a while since I've watched though. Not sure if they still so that.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Fisher cats lol.
I like being on the walking bridge thats in between queen city bridge and granite street brodge near their stadium to watch the fireworks when they win, its been a while since I've watched though. Not sure if they still so that.

Ya they still have them quite a bit.

Been to a ton of games this year.
Lots of freebies.

It's typically pretty boring, but this year I've tried to follow a bit more closely.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Ya they still have them quite a bit.

Been to a ton of games this year.
Lots of freebies.

It's typically pretty boring, but this year I've tried to follow a bit more closely.

I picked up a schedule from the Giovanni's I work at and was thinking about going sometime since the tickets are practically free lol

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Agreed.

Guy has only been the most clutch player for the Red Sox in the modern era, and an argument could be made that he has been the best clutch hitter of his era and the greatest DH of all time.

He is a polarizing player for sure, but I don't get the hate.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
the hate is because there were no drugs in baseball until jose canseco and the moneyball computer introduced them to the oakland a's, who then won 15 straight championships and made up new stats for the new generation to ruin baseball with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad