GDT: MLB/Red Sox 2014 P5

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
There's glass half full...

There's glass half empty...

There's the glass half empty, cracked, and about to fall off the counter...

Then, there's KrejciMVP...:laugh:

If they get Lester back I'll be pretty happy, I don't might signing Panda either. No excuse for not putting a product on the field that can compete for a World Series, especially when there is no salary cap and the owners have deep pockets. Im happy to develop players too, but it has to be combined with big FA signings.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
If they get Lester back I'll be pretty happy, I don't might signing Panda either. No excuse for not putting a product on the field that can compete for a World Series, especially when there is no salary cap and the owners have deep pockets. Im happy to develop players too, but it has to be combined with big FA signings.

I was mostly joking. I don't want them to sign Sandoval either and I think 6 years is a long time for Lester, but I would rather him than Shields. I think that there are many fans with attitudes similar to yours and it's one reason why the GM/Owners probably feel pressured to spend on players like Sandoval.

I have a real hard time complaining TOO MUCH about an ownership group that has presided over 3 championships in a decade.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I was mostly joking. I don't want them to sign Sandoval either and I think 6 years is a long time for Lester, but I would rather him than Shields. I think that there are many fans with attitudes similar to yours and it's one reason why the GM/Owners probably feel pressured to spend on players like Sandoval.

I have a real hard time complaining TOO MUCH about an ownership group that has presided over 3 championships in a decade.

There are usually 2 things that can keep the hounds at bay for me and keep me interested. One is having a CY Young caliber pitcher on the team and the other is having a big slugger that will pop 35-50 HR's. Obviously Pedro and Manny were my favorite players in Boston.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
There are usually 2 things that can keep the hounds at bay for me and keep me interested. One is having a CY Young caliber pitcher on the team and the other is having a big slugger that will pop 35-50 HR's. Obviously Pedro and Manny were my favorite players in Boston.

Loved Pedro and his intensity...thought Manny was a great player, but not much of a team player. Wasn't a big fan.

BlackNgold 84

Known Kellyist
Nov 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I thought we had Manny's bat replaced after Beltre's first year. Which genius made the decision not to resign him?

I thought I remember comments from Beltre saying he didn't want to resign no matter what and wanted to play 1 season in Boston. He was coming off a few injuries. I think he just wanted to smash a few balls against the wall or over it.. raise his totals and go back on the free agency market.

Hnidy Hnight

Dec 21, 2006
North of Boston, MA
I don't get the fascination, if it's true, with Sandoval. His lines are above average not elite, his obp doesn't fit their philosophy, and he's overweight. Nice player, not worth the 100 million I'm guessing it'll take

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
I don't get the fascination, if it's true, with Sandoval. His lines are above average not elite, his obp doesn't fit their philosophy, and he's overweight. Nice player, not worth the 100 million I'm guessing it'll take

I don't either. Pitching is the real need here. Maybe we could move one of these outfielders for a 3rd basemen..

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Panda is a good player. Can play DH too. An absolute BEAST in the playoffs. However, the money he's projected to get is just...insane. I don't know.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

He's a name. That's it. Other than being a left handed bat, he doesn't move the needle for what this team needs. This pursuit of PS is really sounding like a marketing driven event. It has Luccino and Werner's fingerprints all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad