GDT: MLB/Red Sox 2014 P5

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Fisher cats lol.
I like being on the walking bridge thats in between queen city bridge and granite street brodge near their stadium to watch the fireworks when they win, its been a while since I've watched though. Not sure if they still so that.

Campbell and Rene are at the Lowell Spinners tomorrow for Bruins night and will be signing autographs, and a coworker said in Manchester Thursday

not going but in the past they have had Paille, Thornton and others

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Campbell and Rene are at the Lowell Spinners tomorrow for Bruins night and will be signing autographs, and a coworker said in Manchester Thursday

not going but in the past they have had Paille, Thornton and others

Niceeee, my weekend is Thursday and Friday so I'll check into that, thanks!

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
Papi has an ego the size of Texas.

Hard to like a guy that interrupts post-game conference in an attempt to change the scoreline.

dabid

Feb 6, 2006
HFBoards
How many 1 run games have we lost this season? It feels like so many :(

NESN just tweeted this out

BuU-pJWIcAACtwK.jpg

That record surprises me, I could've sworn they were 0-43 in 1 run games this season.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
T.J. Quinn
@TJQuinnESPN
Two law enforcement sources tell me investigation revealed previously unnamed MLB players. Names will be revealed. Expect more suspensions.

large father must be sweatnig

I doubt it. Vast majority of players keep their secrets where the feds can't touch them. Anyone aligned with a clinic on American soil is a dope.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
It seems like Tazawa is the one always blowing it too.

To see Perzynski be the winning run and have him gesture to the Sox dugout made me sick. At least he had no hard feelings towards us. Mouth Breather Lackey on the otherhand is still a tool I see.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Middlebrooks comes in to pinch hit for Kelly and they have him sacrifice bunt? Why wouldn't you just leave Kelly in there in that case?

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I am very excited to see our offense next year. We haven't had a truly lethal offense in years now. Ortiz needs another big bat, whether it's an Adrian Gonzalez or Manny being Manny, it lightens the load a ton and forces pitchers to pitch to him more. Put him on with a walk and it's an even worse situation.

However, this pitching situation is scary. Bucholz frigging sucks. I've never been on his bandwagon and wanted him traded as long as he's been here, and don't even care if we move him for free ASAP! Getting Lester back vs not is basically how I see the season going next year. Lester comes back, we're fine. Lester doesn't come back, and we are in trouble, potent offense or not.

bosox1001

Jun 8, 2013
Daegu
I have no real problem with how Ortiz acts sometimes with the media. Let's be real, all of the stars in baseball (especially in this sport) have those very same thoughts as he does. baseball players are possibly the most coddled athletes in the US, and the MLB is by far guided the most by 'unspoken rules" by everyone involved from the players, umpires, managers and the writers themselves. He's the only one who speaks about the unspoken rules haha. But I enjoy it, I like that he has no problems calling players out, and then he follows it up by hitting a homerun usually.

While it's early to really think what the '15 team will look like... I'm still really on the fence. Our offense could probably be alright, but this is assuming that guys like Middlebrooks, Bogarts and Bradley start hitting consistently. And while it's no fun to think about, Ortiz really may start declining in power soon. I guess if Craig can get healthy he can also add, but we certainly wont be mistaking that lineup for the 07 one. But it can be passable.

The pitching is a bigger question mark. I'm not really sold on any of our guys we've had in the system, and don't know how Kelly and other newer prospects will handle being in the hitters friendly Fenway all year. Also, this team is desperately lacking anything close to an ace. Buchholz is just not that guy. He's had all the chances in the world to step up, and he hasn't, and I do like him. But if he is the best SP on our staff next season, expect another lost year. I know everyone, including Lester, has talked about the possibility of him returning to the team in the off-season, and that would be great if he did... but that's also not a very common thing to happen in sports. The Red Sox could very quickly be dragged into a bidding war with NYY, STL, LAD and hell maybe even OAK will finally open their pockets to make a big move (SEA did it with Felix and now Cano, so anything can happen I guess). Or even DET may be looking to sign a dependable pitcher in the fear of losing Scherzer after the '15 season. But SP is a huge concern right now, and I'm really not even that sold on the bullpen. Uehara is great, and I think a lot of people are surprised he's doing this well again this season, I'm not sure if he is 100% dependable. I mean, it's unfair maybe to hold him to the standards he set in '13, but his ERA has gone up a bit, and his K/9 has dropped by 1. His stat line is still great, but maybe this is a sign that as a 39 year old, he's probably going to take another step back this off-season as well.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I just noticed that Oakland had 6 former Red Sox players in their line-up tonight: Jon Lester, Coco Crisp, Jed Lowrie, Brandon Moss, Josh Reddick and Jonny Gomes.

TheBusiness

Jul 31, 2014
I'll watch when I've got nothing to do but I'm not gonna clear space in my day to watch this team anymore. I'm in off season mode. Jeter's last run is keeping me interested and I'm thinning about dishing it out to go to the last game of the season and Jeters definite last game in Fenway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad