GDT: MLB/Red Sox 2014 P5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
How did Webster get to into the 7th last night?

Was there a Greg Maddux-sized strike zone?
No, he actually pitched pretty well last night.

"He was much more under control and showed the ability to make adjustments more readily than the last time out. I also thought Christian [Vazquez] did a great job with him behind the plate," manager John Farrell said. "A number of times he would double up on the breaking ball when he'd miss with the first one. The feel by Christian and their work together tonight was so efficient."

McAdam said Webster worked a lot on mechanics since his last start, and it showed. Said he was trusting his stuff rather than aiming the ball... which is a good strategy for him since his pure stuff is so good.

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA
I'll watch when I've got nothing to do but I'm not gonna clear space in my day to watch this team anymore. I'm in off season mode. Jeter's last run is keeping me interested and I'm thinning about dishing it out to go to the last game of the season and Jeters definite last game in Fenway.

Ehh, I've already had enough of the Jeter circle jerk. I'm sure whatever the Sox do won't be classy enough for Jeter or the Yankees:sarcasm:. I remember last year the Yankees complaining about Rivera's send off last year because of the ribbing over 2004. Girardi's only comment after the Rivera ceremony "They gave him some nice gifts". Just give Jeter an empty box and say it's full of intangibles.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Pretty nice game from Lester, CG, 3 hits, 8K`s. That ought to drive the price tag further up.

Best part of all this is 99% of the fans won't buy the bull crap excuse if he goes to any team on planet Erff. They are large market and charge highest ticket prices and going to a game is like a State Fair or Florida theme park to your wallet.

I ain't buying the ****- and they already went to 6 years the last minute so its no longer term its cash

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
if the yankees are out of it i'd like nothing more than jeter not making the trip to boston, just like rivera didn't make the trip to houston last year because he wanted his final game to be in yankee stadium.

i'd love espn to commit all the coverage to that series and have no jeter. it'd be like planning a surprise party for someone and finding out that they're sitting at home playing gta.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
How did the Angels allow Scott Boras to have those seats behind home plate. Wait till his client Bogaerts comes up

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
This kid Bradley plays a stupid center field. Unbelievable catch again. I hope it's enough to offset his plate deficiency.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
if the yankees are out of it i'd like nothing more than jeter not making the trip to boston, just like rivera didn't make the trip to houston last year because he wanted his final game to be in yankee stadium.

i'd love espn to commit all the coverage to that series and have no jeter. it'd be like planning a surprise party for someone and finding out that they're sitting at home playing gta.

I agree.

Also it'd be funny that a lot of people get stuck with over priced tickets.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Ehh, I've already had enough of the Jeter circle jerk. I'm sure whatever the Sox do won't be classy enough for Jeter or the Yankees:sarcasm:. I remember last year the Yankees complaining about Rivera's send off last year because of the ribbing over 2004. Girardi's only comment after the Rivera ceremony "They gave him some nice gifts". Just give Jeter an empty box and say it's full of intangibles.

****ing embarrassing seeing his butt licked by Boston fans. Everyone blowing him should be ashamed of themselves. Let Cleveland or KC fans do that but not us.

I stopped hating jeter for close to a decade too up until this year but the hatred sure has come back seeing our traitorous disloyal fans rim him. Really really ashamed of it.

These are the same fools who bash Manny for putting the team on his back 2 playoffs and ending a 80+ year dought because he didn't run out a few ground balls and wanted his option picked up. They'll hate on that guy and then turn around and rim jeter. Disgusting.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
BTW if Jeter was an extremely dominant player who was worth the price of admission to see I would understand it.

But he just played for a long time on very good teams. Yes he was clutch but a Boston fan should have no appreciation for a rival being clutch. Only matters for our own.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
There isn't an active catcher that has played as long exclusively behind the plate as AJ Peirzinski. Why don't we honor him next year for his commitment and longevity? Hes a clutch playoff performer too.

Why?

If Jeter had those stats and was Ozzie Smith in the field maybe he'd deserve some of this adulation our fans want to give him but he doesn't deserve any of it from us. Its beyond pathetic.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
This kid Bradley plays a stupid center field. Unbelievable catch again. I hope it's enough to offset his plate deficiency.
Right now, it's not.

I have confidence the kid will figure things out at the plate, though. He's eventually hit at ever level he's been at.

But man, is it ever fun to watch him play center field.

dabid

Feb 6, 2006
HFBoards
pedroia stole second but they were in the shift and not covering third so he kept running to 3rd.

and Papi hits a sac fly

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Oh Bogaerts. He's young but come on, how do you not throw it home there? Pedroia looked pissed and let him know it too.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
top of the 17th now...

tumblr_lb6qn400rS1qa1uji-1.gif

I dont know why I keep watching...my loyalty runs deep I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad