MLB Off-Season News & Notes Thread: Things Be Boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

gopherman23

Jul 10, 2013
Minnesota
Pretty crappy offseason for the Twins, besides the Byung-Ho Park signing. I probably should have expected this. Our big bullpen move was signing Fernando Abad to an MiLB deal with a spring training invite, lol.

Also, the whole moving Sano to the outfield thing is just absurd. Play him at 3rd, 1st, or just stick him at DH again, move someone else around, don't F around with your best potential hitter.

I really hope they give Berrios a fair chance to make the club out of Spring Training, but I doubt they will. The kid was pretty devistated when he didn't get the call last September, when he was absolutely dominating AAA. He could have helped us in the playoff race, but his innings were mis-managed. I suspect he'll get the Bryant treatment and be called up in late April, when the Twins can get an extra year of control.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Pretty crappy offseason for the Twins, besides the Byung-Ho Park signing. I probably should have expected this. Our big bullpen move was signing Fernando Abad to an MiLB deal with a spring training invite, lol.

Also, the whole moving Sano to the outfield thing is just absurd. Play him at 3rd, 1st, or just stick him at DH again, move someone else around, don't F around with your best potential hitter.

I really hope they give Berrios a fair chance to make the club out of Spring Training, but I doubt they will. The kid was pretty devistated when he didn't get the call last September, when he was absolutely dominating AAA. He could have helped us in the playoff race, but his innings were mis-managed. I suspect he'll get the Bryant treatment and be called up in late April, when the Twins can get an extra year of control.

I think they're waiting to let their farm incubate. They have a top-rated system. IMO, that's the way to go. It'll be their turn soon.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
al leiter actually isn't awful when he wants to be.

yes isn't terrible as long as they can reel in michael kay every now and then. singleton, cone and flaherty are good.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Looks like Strasburg is testing free agency this coming fall, in typical Boras Fashion.

Easily going to get 200 million, question is how much more if he has a Cy Young-contending year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad