MLB Off-Season News & Notes Thread: Things Be Boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Tim Lincecum made $10 mill in his 1st arbitration year and $13 in his 2nd.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
That just seems like it's a camera on a stick that was put in the water. That's not somebody swimming with the camera in hand.

Did you notice how little of a splash there was right in the beginning?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Smart move by them, cant see him being as good as he was second half last year and this season came out of nowhere so lets see if hes going to be a top guy for a while.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Smart move by them, cant see him being as good as he was second half last year and this season came out of nowhere so lets see if hes going to be a top guy for a while.

It didn't come out of nowhere. He was AS caliber last year, performed very well in the first half, and always had the stuff to be this good.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
No surprise there, Shapiro only cares to hire his old buddies because they will follow his every move. Gibbons just got a lot more nervous.

Dude, there's so many prominent people in the league that came out of Cleveland and a lot of prominent writers get their shot there. Stop it.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
It didn't come out of nowhere. He was AS caliber last year, performed very well in the first half, and always had the stuff to be this good.

Exactly. I don't know why people think Arrieta is/was a 1 year wonder. He was every bit as good in 2014 as he was in 2015. The difference being is that he pitched 80-odd innings more in 15.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
His managing aside I always find Gibby a treat to listen to. Old school guy.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
His managing aside I always find Gibby a treat to listen to. Old school guy.

Same. He seems like a great guy and I'm sure the players like him which is important but I think he'd make a better bench coach than manager. He's not the worst out there but he does make some head scratching moves for sure.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Same. He seems like a great guy and I'm sure the players like him which is important but I think he'd make a better bench coach than manager. He's not the worst out there but he does make some head scratching moves for sure.

Some of his moves in the playoffs were very questionable.

Part of why he's likeable is he's a baseball lifer and has managed nearly everywhere. He literally lives for baseball.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Gaylord Perry is getting his own statue outside AT&T Park this summer, to be revealed August 14th.

Pretty happy about it, its long overdue & he's probably one of, if not, my favorite Giants pitcher of all time.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
First mock-up of the statue...

88952366-baseball-where-are-they-now-closeup-portrait-gettyimages.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad