MLB Off-Season News & Notes Thread: Things Be Boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
The Mets won 90 games last year. In early July, they ran out a lineup against the Cubs that included Darrell Ceciliani batting second, Eric Campbell in left field and Johnny Monell catching. The next day, John Mayberry Jr. hit cleanup.

Someone posted in a Cespedes-related thread about Mayberry batting cleanup and oh boy they were not kidding.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Someone posted in a Cespedes-related thread about Mayberry batting cleanup and oh boy they were not kidding.

I remember that. They did have bunch of injuries. Wright and TDA just of top of my head.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
But you can get there quicker than most when given an opportunity.

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
Billy Hamilton had a .274 OBP last year. I think he actually tried one of those 19th century moves where a teammate distracts the ump while you sneakily go to first base.

Sep 19, 2008
Why does effectively wild always start a pod off with a song

I listen for baseball analysis and previews

Not songs

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Why does effectively wild always start a pod off with a song

I listen for baseball analysis and previews

Not songs

Stepping aside to hockey for a moment. I love the Marek and Wyshynski podcast because it's simply put, hockey discussion. No intro, no music, no flair. The podcast literally starts in the middle of a thought process.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Billy Hamilton had a .274 OBP last year. I think he actually tried one of those 19th century moves where a teammate distracts the ump while you sneakily go to first base.

Hamilton has no business being a leadoff hitter, but at least he is elite defensively, so you can justify having him as a #8 hitter in an NL lineup.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
It's a shame the Braves rebuild will take another couple years. The NL East is such a pile of hot garbage (sans Mets) right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->