Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
073.bwm15.jpg

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
But what if you had a closer for every inning! They'll have all the closeryness in the league.
But Matt Williams said closers can only pitch the 9th. Will they just split that duty?

Having elite relievers worked out for the Royals. But they did not trade for a closer when they already had one. Doing that did not work out for the Nationals.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Having too many elite relievers the past couple seasons sure hurt the Royals.

You're actually arguing my point.

Why pay assets for a 1 yr elite reliever with closer status and name value, when you can likely sign/trade for 2-3 quality arms at the same cost?

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Who could they flip him to for a starter? Subsequently, who in their right mind would do that unless it's for an expiring deal aswell.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Surprising enough, the most money that Friedman and co. have thrown at a free agent is Brandon McCarthy, for some reason.

Well he was great in the second half of 2014, and Friedman/Zahdi are very good at finding talent, so I would trust them. Just unfortunate that McCarthy was out this year and a bit of next.

I'm surprised that they haven't already sent a dump truck full of money to Cueto.

LA to the Dominican is a far drive ;)

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Dodgers wouldn't be so thin at SP if they didn't flip Heaney for Kendrick last year. Thought that was a pretty questionable move at the time that looks downright bad right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad