MLB off-season news & notes thread - Part 2

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Hopefully this means that either Wong or Murphy gets traded to the Angels.

they wouldnt trade murphy, if anything like murraybannerman says murphy goes to first and zimmerman goes to bench or traded

but with zimmerman having 2 more years at 14 mil and another 2 years at 18 mil, i dont see anyone trading for him

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Why on earth would they trade their MVP candidate 2B? Who they also just signed last winter. They can always move him to first.

He's never going to post those numbers ever again. I don't see any trade of the sort happening anyway, but if you're the Nats and someone comes calling with a big piece and asks for Murphy I don't even think about it if I'm Rizzo, he's on the next plane before I can even get up from my desk. A similar example I can think of is when the Cardinals traded Kent Bottenfield after the 1998 season for Jim Edmonds after Bottenfield went 19-7. Everyone knew it was a fluke and he would never do it again. Sure enough he didn't and that was a disaster trade for the Angels. I see Murphy being similar although Murphy isn't going to bat .220 next year I think he probably resumes his usual .280 15HR 80 RBI .800 OPS normal numbers

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
DENVER -- The Rockies have "checked in" with free-agent right-hander Greg Holland -- one of the game's top closers before missing 2016 because of a right elbow injury, general manager Jeff Bridich acknowledged on Wednesday.

Why not

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad