OT: MLB Discussion Thread: Part XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Sign Machado and Corbin then use Andujar as a center piece in a package for a true #1 pitcher.

Acquired Pitcher
Severino
Corbin
Tanaka
Resign CC as the #5 or see if Adam's or Sheffield are ready. Montgomery likely wont be back until July at the earliest if hes back at all next year.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Sign Machado and Corbin then use Andujar as a center piece in a package for a true #1 pitcher.

Acquired Pitcher
Severino
Corbin
Tanaka
Resign CC as the #5 or see if Adam's or Sheffield are ready. Montgomery likely wont be back until July at the earliest if hes back at all next year.
It's time to turn the page on CC.

Reactions: RGY

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

Acquired Pitcher
Severino
Corbin
Tanaka

You forgot Happ

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

I wonder if Hal will go full Dolan and push for Greinke along with Goldschmidt with his 'spending' comments. Deal centered around Ellsbury + prospects...

Last edited:

darko

Feb 16, 2009
So what you're saying is, a team is going to severely overpay him knowing he's just gonna slide back to the corner after cutting the check

And FWIW, he's actually +6 in DRS at SS in 420+ innings since joining LAD. Was a -18 in Baltimore. I don't know what you'd draw from that. Relatively small sample. Maybe LAD is putting him in better initial position? Could make sense, he has the arm and hands to play short but the range is suspect.

I have some doubts whether some front office people look at Machado's defensive metrics. They see 30 home runs from a shortstop and hand out blank cheques.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

I wonder if Hal will go full Dolan and push for Greinke along with Goldschmidt with his 'spending' comments. Deal centered around Ellsbury + prospects...

Ellsbury has negative value. We'd need to eat most of his salary just for the other team to consider him. Goldy will cost us Florial, Shiffield +. Greinke will cost us couple good prospects too.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Ellsbury has negative value. We'd need to eat most of his salary just for the other team to consider him. Goldy will cost us Florial, Shiffield +. Greinke will cost us couple good prospects too.
Goldy only had 1 yr left on his contract - I'm skeptical that he'll return that much.

Reactions: RGY

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
They are not going to give him away.
IMO, as Buster said in the tweet, contending teams are pretty much already set at 1B. That will diminish his value somewhat in a trade.

Both offenses are amazing. Extremely versatile and effective. I don't how Cashman can watch this and think that having a home run reliant team is the way to go.

We know that if Goldschmidt comes here, we can expect 5-10 more HRs at the cost of 50 more Ks, drop of his OBP to .350, etc.

Reactions: Machinehead

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
They are not going to give him away.

Yeah agreed.

I know the Yankees put down the Marlins but at the very least Starlin is a starting caliber player.

At this stage in the game, if Jacoby is finding time in your outfield, your outfield might be really bad.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Are you actually advocating that our organization's home run or bust strategy is a good idea? If so, there are serious question marks behind your baseball knowledge.

Patience+Power has been the way most teams have gotten it done over the years.

The ZOMG versatile offense stuff is just dumb. Neither pitcher has thrown well today.

We lost because of pitching.

You would have pitched the biggest fit if we were one hit through 4 by a diminished sale like the strops were yesterday.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Patience+Power has been the way most teams have gotten it done over the years.

The ZOMG versatile offense stuff is just dumb. Neither pitcher has thrown well today.

We lost because of pitching.

You would have pitched the biggest fit if we were one hit through 4 by a diminished sale like the strops were yesterday.
Look at the teams that have won World Series recently. None of them were home run reliant to the degree the Yankees are. Did you not watch the series that we just lost? We were a clutch hit away multiple times from making that a much different series. Yet our guys were consistently going up there swinging for the fences when a single was all that was needed. Our offensive philosophy is garbage.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
giphy.webp

Here's your stupid gif. Well earned.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005

Grienke is also old. I wouldn’t go near him at this point. He hasn’t been the same pitcher the last 2-3 seasons. Obviously 2015 much like this year was for deGrom is an abberation. You don’t expect to see that again but he’s been worse than he was in 13 and 14 the last 3 seasons as well and his homerun totals are way up. That won’t get any better in Yankee stadium. Goldschmidt is a no brainer for the Mets if they had normal ownership. Alonso’s defense is horrific. It may be worse than Flores. I would trade him instantly in a package for Goldschmidt but of course he Mets probably won’t agree to sign him for what he wants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad