OT: MLB Discussion Thread: Part XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I'd offer Kershaw huge money but for like three years, maybe with like some sort of IP kicker that extends to four.

That said, he's from Texas and has played in LA forever. Not sure he'd even want to come to the East Coast.
He's making $65 million over the next 2 years. If he opts out he'd expect a better deal (more money/term).

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I'd offer Kershaw huge money but for like three years, maybe with like some sort of IP kicker that extends to four.

That said, he's from Texas and has played in LA forever. Not sure he'd even want to come to the East Coast.

Yeah well if you can do that then it becomes more intriguing.

I can't see him leaving LA though. If he does opt out I'd certainly kick the tires on him, but I wouldn't go crazy.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
He's making $65 million over the next 2 years. If he opts out he'd expect a better deal (more money/term).

He'll get a 6 or 7 year deal. Something along the lines of 6/180 or 7/210.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

No surprise there

I would take a flyer on Gray for the Mets. Move Vargas to the bullpen. Vargas actually pitched to a 3.81 ERA in 55 IP after the break, which is what I think the Mets were getting when they signed him. But get Gray, and if he struggles you put Vargas back in the rotation and Gray in the pen.

deGrom
Syndergaard
Wheeler
Matz (injury risk, always need depth)
Gray/Vargas

Of course I don't know if the Yankees would want to give up Gray for what the Mets offer, since it doesn't seem likely the Mets will be moving any of their decent prospects this winter.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
I feel bad for Didi. Really good player and a great person by all accounts. This has been a rough week in Yankeeland. Particularly with our GM refusing to see the error of his ways.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
^

If that is true, there's a decent chance we've seen Didi's last game as a Yankee.

The chances of the Yankees signing Machado just went up significantly.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Machado isn't a shortstop though, as much as he likes to think he is.

Could you imagine having Andujar and Machado on the left side? MDZ-Girardi pairing all over again.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Yeah, Machado going to the Yankees just went up signtificantly now.

I don't think it's necessarily Didi's last game as a Yankee, but now his contract situaton will be tricky.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Didi being hurt sucks, but it may be a bullet dodged if they were to commit big money to him. I don't think he would've lived up to his next contract.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Craig Counsel can manage a baseball team. Pulls Gio Gonzalez at the first sight of trouble and relies on his trustworthy pen. Boone sat on his hands and gave up on game 3 by the 5th out of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad