OT: MLB 2020 Discussion Opening Day and beyond

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Let Cespedes rot at home, hes not worth playing anyway. Hes a quitter, a loser, and terrible at baseball all in one
He might be all of those EXCEPT terrible at baseball. He's an absolute head case who doesn't care about anyone but himself but he's a fine baseball player. Not the type of guy ANYONE should have on their team but he can play. When he wants.

johnny pierogi

15 MINUTES OF FAYNE
Aug 11, 2016
Warren County
I was working around the house today trying to tighten up some potential water infiltration zones ahead of the storm, and my coworker texted about Ces being MIA... i said, 'yeah and?' Not surprised at all. Hard to feel sorry for either side here, in fact I don't at all. I'll always love Ces for 2015, but if it wasn't for my vehement hatrid of Jeffy and Fred, Yoenis would be an even harder guy to root for.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I am not going to begrudge a player opting out due to Covid, but vanishing like that is really on brand for the Mets

Not to mention the Mets goofing by making a public spectacle of the thing out of spite when if they didn't say anything they could have just told everyone after the game he opted out after they ostensibly found out, end of freaking story.

I was working around the house today trying to tighten up some potential water infiltration zones ahead of the storm, and my coworker texted about Ces being MIA... i said, 'yeah and?' Not surprised at all. Hard to feel sorry for either side here, in fact I don't at all. I'll always love Ces for 2015, but if it wasn't for my vehement hatrid of Jeffy and Fred, Yoenis would be an even harder guy to root for.

To a different degree Cespedes is like Harvey, toast of the town (justifiably) during 2015 and a little afterward, but injury and contreversy sent both their careers crashing down.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
To a different degree Cespedes is like Harvey, toast of the town (justifiably) during 2015 and a little afterward, but injury and contreversy sent both their careers crashing down.

Harvey was a wasted talent. Dude cared more about hookers and blow than having a long lasting illustrious career. Idiot.

johnny pierogi

15 MINUTES OF FAYNE
Aug 11, 2016
Warren County
Harvey was a wasted talent. Dude cared more about hookers and blow than having a long lasting illustrious career. Idiot.

I agree with this mostly, but I think the TOS surgery is what finished him off. He was never the same after that. But yeah, he loved himself some Harvey. Hard to totally shit on him though because he legitimately was the first beacon of hope after several terrible years when he made his debut in Arizona.

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
What are they supposed to do? They're paying their employees during these tough times so I'm sure it's stretching them thin financially.
Just think how embarrassing a report like this is for them. Imagine what their neighbors are saying behind their backs knowing they cannot just write a check out to by the Mets.

Reactions: Patrik26

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
As a Mets fan womp womp. As a Devils fan hoo boy. Although let’s be honest they’re spreading themselves too thin, they also own three teams in major sports plus a piece of the Steelers. There was no shot they would be able to outbid Cohen unless they put together a fifty man group like Arod.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
ya, straight up 'thanks' to the cards for the cancellation of the series….what? one or two people cant 'keep it together' and covid spreads like wild fire throughout the clubhouse……and now i got my team playing simulated games to keep the momentum going?

f*** them and their amateur hour operation

…and now………...bring on the cleveland baseball team ……

edit:sounds harsher than it should…still funny

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Stroman opted out which I can't really fault him for, but this part is just so revealing lol

So basically he was probably not going to play to begin with but hung in long enough to get his needed service time.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
Yankees season right on plan Stanton Out - Judge Out - DJ Out - Pitchers Happ and Paxton S__K Bull Pen missing players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad