Mitchell hits Letang with his own helmet

Xavier Laflamme*

The no name brand guy taking free runs at the franchise Ekblad all night too ? Thornton has his number too oh boy Pens going to be hurt boys come Monday :laugh::laugh:

Lol. You sound like a groupie. Nobody is scared of the Florida ****ing Panthers...lol

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
The no name brand guy taking free runs at the franchise Ekblad all night too ? Thornton has his number too oh boy Pens going to be hurt boys come Monday :laugh::laugh:

Oh big deal. :laugh: what's he going to do, grab him from behind when he's talking to a ref and punch his head into the ice? Despres can hold his own. Speaking of no name guys hitting franchise players, what was your opinion of the slash to Crosby's wrist by Bolland? I guess you're just as outraged about that, since no-name guys shouldn't be making dirty hits on franchise players?

Besides, if the Pens were really interested in playing that kind of game they'd just call up PL3.

penguins2946*

I bet all the Pens are just shaking in their skates that Thornton will be in the lineup tomorrow. Unless Thornton decides to mug someone again (which would get him kicked out of the league), he's not going to do ****.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
feels good to see the mitchell/bieksa pairing together again.

jvz54fsi6v2hriz0bnjd.gif

bieksaglovetoss.gif

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Oh big deal. :laugh: what's he going to do, grab him from behind when he's talking to a ref and punch his head into the ice? Despres can hold his own. Speaking of no name guys hitting franchise players, what was your opinion of the slash to Crosby's wrist by Bolland? I guess you're just as outraged about that, since no-name guys shouldn't be making dirty hits on franchise players?

Besides, if the Pens were really interested in playing that kind of game they'd just call up PL3.

Bolland isn't a no name guy. Slashes happen every game. The Penguins do them a bunch. The Panthers do. Every team does.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Yeah, sure it is. Have you ever been hit with a helmet or stabbed with a knife? I have. There is a tremendous difference.

I was hit by an almost exact helmet as that a couple of weeks ago. A complete accident where someone went to throw a helmet into the trunk of the car and the strap caught on the button on the sleeve of their denim jacket and it nailed me in the head. I was stabbed in the leg trying to break up a fight in the 90's.

What you are saying is that you cannot differentiate between an intentional act and an accident and you don't think there is any difference? So if someone accidentally steps on your toe do equate that with someone trying to run you down with their car?

In no way was that an accident.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
I love Mitchell but I'm pretty sure that exact play resulted in a two game suspension for Mark Fistric when he did it a few years so the same should happen now. I have zero faith in the disciplinary committee though and it probably won't even get a fine.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Bolland isn't a no name guy. Slashes happen every game. The Penguins do them a bunch. The Panthers do. Every team does.

He is relative to Crosby.

And hitting happens every game. Every team does it. Why is it different when it's a no name guy hitting Ekblad? Besides, Ekblad is 6'4" 216 lbs. Farnham is 5'10", 188 lbs. If at any time the hitting got all that egregious Ekblad could have defended himself. It wasn't like some giant enforcer was running around hitting a small skilled guy.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Frankly, a swinging stick is much more potentially dangerous than a swinging helmet. It's the novelty of the situation that makes this noteworthy.

LionelHutz*

Frankly, a swinging stick is much more potentially dangerous than a swinging helmet. It's the novelty of the situation that makes this noteworthy.

Then let me beat you over the side of the face with a helmet and visor for awhile, and lets see how well you're feeling afterwards.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Then let me beat you over the side of the face with a helmet and visor for awhile, and lets see how well you're feeling afterwards.

So long as he can return the favor afterwards with a stick - or even with his fists, I bet he'll take your deal.

LionelHutz*

So long as he can return the favor afterwards with a stick - or even with his fists, I bet he'll take your deal.

That's a different scientific theory all together thus completely irrelevant to the given statement posted above, Thus he gets nothing and likes it.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
He is relative to Crosby.

And hitting happens every game. Every team does it. Why is it different when it's a no name guy hitting Ekblad?
Besides, Ekblad is 6'4" 216 lbs. Farnham is 5'10", 188 lbs. If at any time the hitting got all that egregious Ekblad could have defended himself. It wasn't like some giant enforcer was running around hitting a small skilled guy.

It isn't. I was just pointing out that calling Bolland a no name guy is kind of weird. Sure he's not Crosby, but then who is!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad