Mitchell hits Letang with his own helmet

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
I didn't even see what Letang did until now. You run the goalie into the net like that there is gonna be push back. It makes more sense when you see the whole play instead of just that gif.

He didn't run the goalie dammit! Any ensuing actions were 100% unprovoked! You're only saying that because we're the Penguins! Typical HF!

How'd I do Pens fans? :)

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
He didn't run the goalie dammit! Any ensuing actions were 100% unprovoked! You're only saying that because we're the Penguins! Typical HF!

How'd I do Pens fans? :)

Fairly obnoxious, tbh. Players run into the goalie in just about every game. How often do you see one player swinging a helmet at another?

Nynja*

Please stop, you continue to make yourself look more foolish. Bortuzzo's debatable hit is not remotely relevant here.

It's cut and dry, under the rules it's a match penalty and game misconduct. This is not even open for debate, it is a fact.

The only thing that should be being discussed is what was Mitchell thinking. What type of fine he should get. Plus, what type of suspension he should get. That's it, plain and simple.

I didnt know headbutting was legal now?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/m_page.htm?id=26337
Nope, still illegal,

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
Its astounding how they think their team's a bunch of angels when this thread exists.

My favourite is a guy named "Mister Hockey" complaining about this. Gordie Howe tossed his elbows around like nobody else. Helmet Tossing = ban for life.

The Penguins have taken liberties on players for the last 4 or 5 years. I seriously question how their fans dont understand why this stuff happens to them.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
My favourite is a guy named "Mister Hockey" complaining about this. Gordie Howe tossed his elbows around like nobody else. Helmet Tossing = ban for life.

The Penguins have taken liberties on players for the last 4 or 5 years. I seriously question how their fans dont understand why this stuff happens to them.

LOL seriously. Ever watch an old Gordie Howe game? He did stuff worse than that 3x every game.

I was expecting Mitchell to get fined/suspende but he didn't, not the end of the world. It's not like he did it for no reason. Don't mess with goalies, and then suckerpunch the guy who scrums with you for sticking up for his goalie.

Snapdragin

Aug 14, 2014
PA
Its actually quite an educated post. The Penguins are one of the dirtiest teams i have ever seen. Ask yourself if there is a reason why teams go after you.

So much :facepalm: in this post that I couldn't help but :laugh:.

Somehow emotional Penguin hate is must read material. These threads are almost daily and I'm like bees to honey.

On topic though, I would have liked to see any kind of punishment, just as the league saying don't do it again. But anything that doesn't hurt the Pens doesn't really bother me so its not a biggie, and I would not care that much if a Penguin did something like that, so any outrage on either side for me is bonkers.

Last edited:

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
So much :facepalm: in this post that I couldn't help but :laugh:.

Somehow emotional Penguin hate is must read material. These threads are almost daily and I'm like bees to honey.

On topic though, I would have liked to see any kind of punishment, just as the league saying don't do it again. But anything that doesn't hurt the Pens doesn't really bother me so its not a biggie, and I would not care that much if a Penguin did something like that, so any outrage on either side for me is bonkers.

Matt Cooke, James Neal and Malkin were/are all saints i guess. So is Downie. I would enjoy you try to defend these players and tell me that they have never done anything worse than tossing a helmet at somebody. You need to face the facts and just admit that the Penguins are a dirty team and have been for quite some time. You know it, i know it, and everyone else reading this thread knows it.

Snapdragin

Aug 14, 2014
PA
Matt Cooke, James Neal and Malkin were/are all saints i guess. So is Downie. I would enjoy you try to defend these players and tell me that they have never done anything worse than tossing a helmet at somebody. You need to face the facts and just admit that the Penguins are a dirty team and have been for quite some time. You know it, i know it, and everyone else reading this thread knows it.

I will admit I was right about my emotional bit in my first post.

And since it was my first post, I feel that I am justified in asking....what are you talking about?:laugh:

Go back and reread my post and find where I mention any of the Penguin players you brought up, or where I attempted to say any of those players never did anything worse than that....You won't. I will in fact happily admit that the Penguins employ players with an edge and those players have at times done dirty things on the ice.

All I ever did was say there was some emotional Pens hate going on, and I like reading it. I didn't even say if I thought it was justified or not.:laugh:
And looking over your posts I don't see how you could argue otherwise.

Please, if you must respond, respond to my actual post and not what your preconceived notion of negativity lets you think you are reading when you read my post.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->