Mitchell hits Letang with his own helmet

Xavier Laflamme*

I wonder if a Penguins player does his tonight, what tune will be sung on these boards...?

Nynja*

Unreal, you can't accept the truth, so you change the subject. Oh, buy your standards, Mitchell should get forty games.

No, I'm saying its hypocritical to say Bortuzzo's headbutt is perfectly ok, then say what Willie Mitchell should be banished from the league. How do you fail to comprehend that?

"Buy my standards", you cant afford my standards son.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
And why was he so pissed?

Letang and Hornqvist ran Lu(nothing you wouldn't see in the playoffs though). And Mitchell and Olsen went after them. Letang took a shot at Mitchell once and then got him again after they were engaged and with the zebras in as well.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Letang and Hornqvist ran Lu(nothing you wouldn't see in the playoffs though). And Mitchell and Olsen went after them. Letang took a shot at Mitchell once and then got him again after they were engaged and with the zebras in as well.

But here's the best part. According to a few Pens fans around here they did nothing of the sort. Angels, all of them.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
If driving the net too hard warrants a helmet to the head, I'm guessing Chris Kreider will be facing a firing squad any day now.

penguins2946*

And again, playing to the whistle and going for a rebound isn't running the goalie. The whistle didn't blow, so what they did was 100% legal. That's not running the goalie.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
And again, playing to the whistle and going for a rebound isn't running the goalie. The whistle didn't blow, so what they did was 100% legal. That's not running the goalie.

You can go for a rebound and poke away all you want. But you CAN NOT kick a goalie into the back of his net. You just can't do it and expect nothing to come out of it. When neutrals can clearly see running the goalie maybe it's time the glasses come off for a few.

Mister Hockey

Mar 4, 2004
Washington, Pa
No, I'm saying its hypocritical to say Bortuzzo's headbutt is perfectly ok, then say what Willie Mitchell should be banished from the league. How do you fail to comprehend that?

"Buy my standards", you cant afford my standards son.

Please stop, you continue to make yourself look more foolish. Bortuzzo's debatable hit is not remotely relevant here.

It's cut and dry, under the rules it's a match penalty and game misconduct. This is not even open for debate, it is a fact.

The only thing that should be being discussed is what was Mitchell thinking. What type of fine he should get. Plus, what type of suspension he should get. That's it, plain and simple.

penguins2946*

You can go for a rebound and poke away all you want. But you CAN NOT kick a goalie into the back of his net. You just can't do it and expect nothing to come out of it. When neutrals can clearly see running the goalie maybe it's time the glasses come off for a few.

The bolded is absolutely hilarious coming from you. Neither Letang nor Hornqvist kicked Luongo into the net. Maybe you should take off the glasses...

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
The bolded is absolutely hilarious coming from you. Neither Letang nor Hornqvist kicked Luongo into the net. Maybe you should take off the glasses...

I'll side with the neutrals on this one. Since neither of us can see it clearly.

(Oh look, they agree with me. :))

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
I didn't even see what Letang did until now. You run the goalie into the net like that there is gonna be push back. It makes more sense when you see the whole play instead of just that gif.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
I didn't even see what Letang did until now. You run the goalie into the net like that there is gonna be push back. It makes more sense when you see the whole play instead of just that gif.

Not really. You expect face washes and scrums. You don't expect someone to rip off another player's helmet and try to hit him with it. Or at least, you shouldn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->