Mitchell hits Letang with his own helmet

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
How many times does Downie need to get smacked around by Gudbranson before he learns he should try to pick a fight with somebody else?

And yet not one of his punches fazed him. Downie isn't going to change because of a meathead like Gudbranson.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
Crosby punches to Bolland back of head is fine too. That little puke tries to start something every time he plays the Panthers.

Swung helmet towards ref. Did not really land. No harm, no foul. Panthers get payback Monday. Expect Thornton and no Downie crap unless he wants to get knocked out.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Crosby punches to Bolland back of head is fine too. That little puke tries to start something every time he plays the Panthers.

Swung helmet towards ref. Did not really land. No harm, no foul. Panthers get payback Monday. Expect Thornton and no Downie crap unless he wants to get knocked out.

We have Farnham as well. He's crazier than Downie. I'd like to see someone have the balls to challenge him.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
The no name brand guy taking free runs at the franchise Ekblad all night too ? Thornton has his number too oh boy Pens going to be hurt boys come Monday :laugh::laugh:

Only if Thornton does what he did to Orpik. Which I wouldn't put past him.

Oh and Farnham's hit on Ekblad in the first was clean.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Kelly Buchberger could beat Bobby Farnham in a fight. That's not what he's there for.

Downie's played the way he plays since he was a teenager and will continue to do so. Old man Thornton on a pointless Monday night game not even halfway through the season wont change that.

Surely Florida has bigger concerns.

And as for Bolland, tell him to stop slashing guys on the wrist and he wont get punched in the head.

Last edited:

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
That looks like he tried to punch him when he had his helmet, not like he tried to hit him with his helmet. That was nothing.

Helistin

Dustin's equilibrium
Aug 12, 2006
Close to you
That looks like he tried to punch him when he had his helmet, not like he tried to hit him with his helmet. That was nothing.

That's like saying 'I tried to slap him in the face but I just happened to have a knife in my hand so it shouldn't be called a stabbing' :sarcasm:

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
This again? Wasn't there big talk about Steve MacIntyre 2 years ago and how he could " beat up the whole NHL ". :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

0 fights with us. People refused to fight him. I recall the refs throwing him out in one game I think.

He couldn't actually play hockey either, which was the bigger problem.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
That's like saying 'I tried to slap him in the face but I just happened to have a knife in my hand so it shouldn't be called a stabbing' :sarcasm:

Yeah, sure it is. Have you ever been hit with a helmet or stabbed with a knife? I have. There is a tremendous difference.

I was hit by an almost exact helmet as that a couple of weeks ago. A complete accident where someone went to throw a helmet into the trunk of the car and the strap caught on the button on the sleeve of their denim jacket and it nailed me in the head. I was stabbed in the leg trying to break up a fight in the 90's.

What you are saying is that you cannot differentiate between an intentional act and an accident and you don't think there is any difference? So if someone accidentally steps on your toe do equate that with someone trying to run you down with their car?

janecky

Oct 8, 2005
Helsinki, Finland

All the people calling it "funny" would be the exact same people out with pitchforks if it was Penguin swinging a helmet at any other player.

I think it's funny more than anything, and I don't care if it's Mitchell or Letang swinging that purse. The spirit of giving at Christmas, ho ho ho.

TorstenFrings

lebenslang gruenweiss
Apr 25, 2012
Bremen

Now we just need you to make up a ludicrous reason for why he picked up Letang's helmet in the first place and you are good. And by good I mean done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad