Mitch "The Magician" Marner

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Anyone still think Marner can't be the 2nd best player from the 2015 draft?
Way better than Barzal again tonight.
I can't wait to see the real playoff Marner. Last year he wasn't right. This year he is going to year it up.
I would still say Eichel.

But Marner is f***ing magnificent, wouldn't surprise me if he leads the team in points more than Matthews does the next decade.

I think he goes PPG+ next year if he sticks with Naz.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I would still say Eichel.

But Marner is ****ing magnificent, wouldn't surprise me if he leads the team in points more than Matthews does the next decade.

I think he goes PPG+ next year if he sticks with Naz.
i don't think Eichel is the clear 2nd place guy anymore. Eichel, Marner, Rantanen, Barzal, Boeser, and Provorov are probably all in the same tier

Morlu

Nov 4, 2011
Sign this man fast. If he plays at this pace next year, we’ll be paying him a lot more than 6-6.5m.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
i don't think Eichel is the clear 2nd place guy anymore. Eichel, Marner, Rantanen, Barzal, Boeser, and Provorov are probably all in the same tier
Meh, I really don't care enough to argue Eichels rightful place in the '15 draft. But he's been near PPG playing as a center on a god awful Sabres team that past two years, and is a clear cut points wise above the rest. He's proven it over a longer period. Just my opinion, I think Jack is a great player.

Anyway back to Marner, kid is filthy. Can't wait to see what he can do in the playoffs.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Islanders play reckless offensive hockey. Marner easily has 80 points by now if he was on that team. Probably more if he was given Tavares.

You really think Anders Lee ever puts up these numbers again on another team? Josh Bailey was a top 5 point producer for half the season before coming back down to earth. Islanders top 6 puts up points. It's a given.

Barzal is looking like a star yes, but these things need to be taken into consideration if you're going to compare him to others. He has the green light to do whatever he wants right now. Marner does not.

Barzal has a whole extra minute on the powerplay as well. Give Marner 3 minutes of power play time a game with Tavares and he wins the art ross.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad