Mitch "The Magician" Marner

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
The players you play with have a direct impact on your points was my point.

Case in point take Mikko Rantanen drafted 10th overall in 2015 behind Marner at #4.

Rantanen 84 points in 81 games last year vs Marner 69 points in 82 games.

However how much impact on Rantanen did Nathan Mac (97 points in 74 games) have on that outcome?

Now Marner gets Tavares to compare to Rantanen with MacKinnon so this might be a lot closer points wise to compare this year.

As does TOI ...QoC faced.....coaching systems..PP time....etc.

Reactions: DanM

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Hopefully we can draft Mitch Marner 2.0 Lucas Raymond at eliteprospects.com in two year, and nothing can stop us!
We'll actually I hope not since we should be a solid top team with little chanse of drafting high ranked prospects ;)
Trades for prospects picks could get us some draft picks that can help keep us stocked with high end draft picks. We have a lot of wingers who can play in the NHL so playing them to prove their worth and moving then along to help restock our prospect will keep us a top team longer

Svanstrom

Oct 26, 2013
Lund, Sweden
Trades for prospects picks could get us some draft picks that can help keep us stocked with high end draft picks. We have a lot of wingers who can play in the NHL so playing them to prove their worth and moving then along to help restock our prospect will keep us a top team longer

Yeah very true. When I first saw Raymond I thought "Wow! He reminds me of Marner. I wanna see him in a Maple Leafs jersey." But obviously we're stacked on the wings, but then again you can't have too much talent in the organisation. And like you say we have a lot of them to trade for draft picks in the future.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
On the main board there is a "name your top 10 players in the league" and while Mitch Marner hardly made any top 10's, he's consistently mentioned as an HM and is likely viewed as a top 15 player in the league.

Love it!

I knew this would happen, I even predicted he would score 70 pts in his rookie season and people laughed at me (he scored 61 which was much more than most expected)

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
On the main board there is a "name your top 10 players in the league" and while Mitch Marner hardly made any top 10's, he's consistently mentioned as an HM and is likely viewed as a top 15 player in the league.

Love it!

I knew this would happen, I even predicted he would score 70 pts in his rookie season and people laughed at me (he scored 61 which was much more than most expected)
It's funny how much crap the Leafs got for picking him as well. They were really ahead of the curve in regards to the game being about speed/skill.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto

If you think about it, that is an incredible compliment given the source.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->