Mitch Marner or Johnny Gaudreau

Mitch Marner or Johnny Gaudreau

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Gaudreau pretty easily. All it takes is watching them play for 5 minutes and the skill levels are obvious.
It's a good thing cgy fans aren't as daft as you.

I'd rather mitch but Johnny is sick. Contracts obv jg takes it if mitch gets more than 8.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Saying it’s not even close now?? Take off those blue tinted glasses, Gadreau is close to Marner as they come.

I really enjoy reporting your posts. There’s nothing wrong with being a homer. There is something wrong with being a newly made hater troll account like yours :laugh:

Reactions: Sundinisagod

WalkwithElias

Dec 24, 2018
I really enjoy reporting your posts. There’s nothing wrong with being a homer. There is something wrong with being a newly made hater troll account like yours :laugh:
Again ignoring what I said and jumping to the conclusion I’m a troll?? Why not answer my question?

DropIt

Oct 21, 2009
Red Deer, AB
Gaudreau is far better. Smarter, more tenacious, and isnt a passenger on his own line. Marner leaves much to be desired and soon will be massively overpaid... call me when Marner completes a season at ppg

Pizza the Hutt

Game 6 Truther
Mar 22, 2012
Oh man better brag up that empty netter! What a goal it was! That put Johnny over the top for sure.

Not sure if you're sarcastic or not, but as far as empty-netters go, that was a good one.

While reading this thread I am wondering whether the Leafs fans are nudists or something? Because they sure do like to show their ass.

Jyrki Lumme

Generational User
Mar 5, 2014
Gaudreau is far better. Smarter, more tenacious, and isnt a passenger on his own line. Marner leaves much to be desired and soon will be massively overpaid... call me when Marner completes a season at ppg
You're only going to have to wait 3 months for that.

Reactions: bionic

Duffalufagus

Jan 4, 2017
I simply don’t think that Marner produces at the level Gaudreau has if they swap places.
This is always the test for me. Both these guys are great, but swap them and JG produces more in both situations imo.

Marner is the better defensive player though.

bionic

Sep 5, 2009
markham
I really wish some people would actually watch Marner before criticizing him. Calling him a passenger on his own line just proves how ignorant your knowledge of Marner is.
Oh.....and get ready for that phone call real soon.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Gudreau is a good one.

Marner is better.

:)

Gaudreau has points on 39.0% of Flames goals. Marner has points on 35.7% of Leafs goals. Gaudreau has a point on 73.9% of all flames goals scored when he is on the ice, Marner only 71.4%. That tells you who is more important to their teams and who has more offensive support.

Also helping Gaudreau's case: he's got more goals and points than Marner despite carrying a much more sustainable on ice shooting percentage and having less offensive support.

Reactions: Mitts

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Marner is definitely not a passenger on his line - he drives the play as much or more than Tavares. With the puck on his stick he is every bit of a play driver that Gaudreau is.

bionic

Sep 5, 2009
markham
Not sure if you're sarcastic or not, but as far as empty-netters go, that was a good one.

While reading this thread I am wondering whether the Leafs fans are nudists or something? Because they sure do like to show their ass.
Lol.......what?
Ok. First off it was an empty net goal. Second of all that Nudist joke was just bad. Good try tho I guess, thanks for coming out. Maybe next time.

Reactions: DriveFor9th

bionic

Sep 5, 2009
markham
Gaudreau has points on 39.0% of Flames goals. Marner has points on 35.7% of Leafs goals. Gaudreau has a point on 73.9% of all flames goals scored when he is on the ice, Marner only 71.4%. That tells you who is more important to their teams and who has more offensive support.

Also helping Gaudreau's case: he's got more goals and points than Marner despite carrying a much more sustainable on ice shooting percentage and having less offensive support.
Meaner has one less point in one less game played while playing less minutes and much less pp time.
Gaudreau is an awesome awesome player but Marner in my opinion marner is better.

Reactions: DriveFor9th

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto

I feel like you've actually never see Mitch Marner play.

Is Gaudreau smarter and more tenacious? Since entering the league, the only forwards with more takeaways than Mitch Marner are Mark Stone and Connor McDavid. No forward has more giveaways than Johnny Gaudreau during this span, and he leads that category by a country mile. Marner hits and blocks shots much more often as well, and by "much more often" I mean he actually does those things.

Marner is pretty obviously driving his line, all you have to do is watch the games. Or just notice that he's on pace to finish about 20 points ahead of Tavares. Just look at the goals JT is scoring this year. Tap-ins on the crease, coming from Marner. Marner doesn't get phantom assists, they're virtually all primary points. If someone has the stats for this, send me the link.

Marner would have to score at the worst pace of his career from here on out to finish under a PPG. But it's true he has yet to record a point-per-game season at age 21. For comparison, Gaudreau was coming off 3 consecutive PPG seasons at Boston College at this age (although he wouldn't do it in the NHL until age 24).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille