Mississauga Steelheads 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
I thought there was one blue white game? Don't see any info on the team site.
Aug 31 is in Missy, rink 2 at the Paramount rink 2 I believe.

When does the camp roster get posted on the team site?

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
I thought there was one blue white game? Don't see any info on the team site.
Aug 31 is in Missy, rink 2 at the Paramount rink 2 I believe.

When does the camp roster get posted on the team site?
Mia Culpa I am not to be trusted. The info that went out to players was my source- I probably read it wrong methinks.
Cheers
Scooter44

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Cheers Scooter, no problem. Is there a B W game on the 27th at 7? Would like to see what the new picks are looking plus the returning players.

Any word on the second Import? Guessing he hasn't signed as there has been no news of such, camp not far off.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
DlPNVp9U8AAs-M6.jpg

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
Cheers Scooter, no problem. Is there a B W game on the 27th at 7? Would like to see what the new picks are looking plus the returning players.

Any word on the second Import? Guessing he hasn't signed as there has been no news of such, camp not far off.

Looks like both of the Blue and White games have been confirmed by the team. No word on the preseason roster yet, will be interesting to see if they have any strong free agents are there are a couple of forward spots up for grabs.

I assumed that Zuyev would be signing as JR said they scouted him at a free agent camp in the GTA, hopefully they can sign him as they could use another defenceman, especially a puck moving one

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
How well does OHL Live work for Trout road games? Thinking of getting it this year. Are all the road games available? Thanks!

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
How well does OHL Live work for Trout road games? Thinking of getting it this year. Are all the road games available? Thanks!
The quality of the home town coverage really improved when the community college became involved in the telecast from the Paramount....... Center. The young guys did fairly good work.
The road game coverage is actually better in most barns than the home game coverage
I found it reliable and have used it for the past couple of years.

Reactions: Tarantula

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
Looks like the Pre-Season roster is up on the Steelheads website.

I am glad to see Zuyev on the roster, here's hoping it means we'll see him sign shortly if he hasn't already

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
How did the invite Brady Maltais look in the first scrimmage?
He didn’t look out of place in my opinion.
Overall the prospects appeared to me on the small side. Liked Hardie the new forward -used his size to his advantage
The European forward once he got over the jitters looks very promising.
The returning players that dressed all looked bigger, stronger and faster.
It is going to be a very young team if JR doesn’t make some moves using the core of last year’s team. He could get a pretty good return for some them. The guys that aged out will be missed.
Go Fish

Last edited:

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
Glad to finally see the commitment of Zuyev, we needed another defenceman in the fold. As well I heard that Whitson has had a great camp so far, although it's hard to believe how small he is

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
Glad to finally see the commitment of Zuyev, we needed another defenceman in the fold. As well I heard that Whitson has had a great camp so far, although it's hard to believe how small he is
Are the cuts listed anywhere? The Fish could use a bit more PR- other teams give a lot more information through their Twitter account. Did Joe Ranger make it through the first cut?

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
Are the cuts listed anywhere? The Fish could use a bit more PR- other teams give a lot more information through their Twitter account. Did Joe Ranger make it through the first cut?

I haven't seen anything regarding their cuts yet. I agree it would be nice for them to have a little more engagement with fans on that front, we all want to know and we're going to find it out eventually so why not just post it for us to see?

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Considering there is no traditional news coverage in Mississauga it would be nice indeed. Even the Mississauga news site barely has coverage.

Any thoughts after the Blue White games? Not sure about BUG with what is here. Still seem thin at a couple spots, RD for one. Couldn't make the game Tues.

Reactions: Steel Fishbowl

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
Considering there is no traditional news coverage in Mississauga it would be nice indeed. Even the Mississauga news site barely has coverage.

Any thoughts after the Blue White games? Not sure about BUG with what is here. Still seem thin at a couple spots, RD for one. Couldn't make the game Tues.
I think there is a lack of size- lots of speed though. You are right about the back end needs to upgrade a bit. With Hague gone they need a stud defender- lots of swift forwards that might bring a big physical defender.It was difficult to assess the grinders and hitters in an inter squad game. For the most part every one was polite.
Hear that Oshawa is dressing their vets for Friday’s friendly. Hope the fish dress Ryan McLeod next game. Not sure why they held him out of the inter-squad games.
If you hear anything about cuts etc would you please post anything you learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad