Mississauga Steelheads 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Yeah the CHL official account tweeted that Euro goalies were allowed again

I don't follow them so not surprised I missed it. I figured it was announced officially. That is why I asked again about OA, quite likely would have missed that announcement as well had there been one.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Ranger will be there. He’s better than Vella, and some say better than Ingram. Can’t wait for camp.

I believe you had a long since moderated exchange with another poster on another team's thread about Ranger, seems as though there is more then a casual interest to put it mildly. I take your opinions on him with a grain of salt as such.

Ranger may turn out to be a top goalie but he may not either. Takes time to develop and look at Ingham, had a great rookie season and was highly regarded going into last year but stumbled. Kids, still growing and developing their skills.

Buzzin

Apr 1, 2018
I believe you had a long since moderated exchange with another poster on another team's thread about Ranger, seems as though there is more then a casual interest to put it mildly. I take your opinions on him with a grain of salt as such.

Ranger may turn out to be a top goalie but he may not either. Takes time to develop and look at Ingham, had a great rookie season and was highly regarded going into last year but stumbled. Kids, still growing and developing their skills.
Yes hockieguy is either mom, dad, relative or coach. He pimps the kid everywhere. Great goalies/players prove their wealth themselves. They don’t need parents pimping.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Then on to other business....

Should be interesting to see how they work the lines this year, I expect #92 Washkurak, sorry if I misspelled, to continue to improve. He looks like a exciting 2nd centre behind McLeod. Liked his intensity, I think he can be a pretty good playmaker as well as he matures. Canade was a steal of a pick so late due to his size. Competes as hard as anyone on the ice with him.

They won't be as explosive as last year, but may be a steadier team over all, but they will miss the offense from the graduating players, Hague, M McLeod.

Reactions: Buzzin

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Then on to other business....

Should be interesting to see how they work the lines this year, I expect #92 Washkurak, sorry if I misspelled, to continue to improve. He looks like a exciting 2nd centre behind McLeod. Liked his intensity, I think he can be a pretty good playmaker as well as he matures. Canade was a steal of a pick so late due to his size. Competes as hard as anyone on the ice with him.

They won't be as explosive as last year, but may be a steadier team over all, but they will miss the offense from the graduating players, Hague, M McLeod.

Do you assume McLeod gets moved next year (assuming the mom let’s them)?

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Tough to gauge, perhaps if there is a contending team fairly close by he may be dealt. I know the McLeods wanted to play here but Michael has graduated so perhaps Ryan would accept a deal. Just guessing. I doubt anything will happen until the deadline if it does.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Tough to gauge, perhaps if there is a contending team fairly close by he may be dealt. I know the McLeods wanted to play here but Michael has graduated so perhaps Ryan would accept a deal. Just guessing. I doubt anything will happen until the deadline if it does.

Yeah, I know for a fact they had a deal in place to send Michael to the West last year at the deadline but the mom said no, they wouldn't accept any moves. Which explains why a 8th place team only made small adds and didn't sell

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
I'd prefer to leave family dynamics aside on the threads, but R McLeod would have a NTC I believe, so it will be interesting to see how things work out.

Tippet will also be a interesting matter if he does return. He could bring some needed picks to say the least, should attract some attention at the deadline.

A lot to watch this year, there is a lot of room for the returning roster. They are not contending so seeing them develop will be the story this year as well as how it plays out with possible trades later on.

Enjoying the summer but waiting for hockey.......

Reactions: Scooter44

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
I'd prefer to leave family dynamics aside on the threads, but R McLeod would have a NTC I believe, so it will be interesting to see how things work out.

Tippet will also be a interesting matter if he does return. He could bring some needed picks to say the least, should attract some attention at the deadline.

A lot to watch this year, there is a lot of room for the returning roster. They are not contending so seeing them develop will be the story this year as well as how it plays out with possible trades later on.

Enjoying the summer but waiting for hockey.......
Me too- we wait too long for summer. From my past experience there are always a couple of the younger kids show up in training camp significantly bigger and stronger as well as better skaters. Hope the smaller guys are working their butts off. It is always fun to see the kids progress year to year. Go Steelheads

Reactions: Tarantula

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
Yesterday had to be the worst day for sports betting ever IMO. Who bets on a homerun derby?
Think I got spoiled by the World Cup- I will be happy when hockey gets back. Wonder what the lifting of the trade freeze will bring if anything.

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
Hoping to see some additions, but there is not much to trade with, don't want to see any picks dealt.
Is Nicholas Hague likely to be coming back? If not the fish really need to find a stud experienced D man. They have a pretty deep cast of forwards IMO. If a couple of the new prospects are able to adjust quickly the Steelheads could be pretty competitive this year.
It doesn’t cost anything to be optimistic-ha

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Cheers on the positive outlook, but Hague will not be back as he will be AHL next year, IMO, I don't see him playing another game in the O.

The forwards do have some potential this year. Canade gives no quarter and Schwindt lead the rooks in scoring. Washuruk seemed to be more and more noticable, looking forward to what he can do this year. Likely on the second line?

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
From the Trout website: We are pleased to announce the commitment of our first-round selection from the 2018 CHL Import Draft, Filip Reisnecker.

Can't wait to see him in action!!

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
24. Filip Reisnecker (Mississauga Steelheads) LW
Reisnecker, a native of the Czech Republic, spent the 2017-18 season with the EV Regensburg U19 team in the DNL where he recorded 59 points (25 goals, 34 assists) in 28 games. Steelheads’ assistant general manager and assistant coach, Jeff Kyrzakos is pleased with the addition of Reisnecker, commenting that the 6’1”, 170-pound forward is “a good gifted player that will be in Mississauga for a couple years and we are looking forward to having him in our lineup.”

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
24. Filip Reisnecker (Mississauga Steelheads) LW
Reisnecker, a native of the Czech Republic, spent the 2017-18 season with the EV Regensburg U19 team in the DNL where he recorded 59 points (25 goals, 34 assists) in 28 games. Steelheads’ assistant general manager and assistant coach, Jeff Kyrzakos is pleased with the addition of Reisnecker, commenting that the 6’1”, 170-pound forward is “a good gifted player that will be in Mississauga for a couple years and we are looking forward to having him in our lineup.”
Sounds like a good pickup for the fish. Hope he makes a quick adjustment.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Was driving around the rink and the Paramount signs are up. Just on the sides, nothing on the roof. Wondering what Hershey paid for the name?
Anyone have any idea how that went back when?

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
Was driving around the rink and the Paramount signs are up. Just on the sides, nothing on the roof. Wondering what Hershey paid for the name?
Anyone have any idea how that went back when?
Ate at the Paramount in Burlington and the middle eastern food was terrific. Very good service and the prices were reasonable. Go Steelheads!

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Vella traded to Flint for a 5th pick next year. Had a 17-10 record and in my view was their best goalie last year. With Ingham suiting up for his 3rd year and a 3rd round pick on Ranger it was inevitable he would be gone this year if he did stick around the O for a OA year. Good luck Emanual!

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Could Missy use Jake McGrath now as a backup? Someone put it out there as an idea on our board.

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
Vella traded to Flint for a 5th pick next year. Had a 17-10 record and in my view was their best goalie last year. With Ingham suiting up for his 3rd year and a 3rd round pick on Ranger it was inevitable he would be gone this year if he did stick around the O for a OA year. Good luck Emanual!

Sad to see Emanuel go as he was a solid backup for the team but this makes sense if it is going to be a bit more a rebuilding year. Let one of the young guys get a chance to be the backup and we've invested a high pick and development time in Ingham for him to be the bonafide starter.

That being said I think Vella will be a great addition for the Firebirds and they look to have a solid tandem with him and Cavallin manning the crease

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino