Miscellaneous NHL Talk XXXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Go look at how Stars fans talk about him.

Hell...he has 55 points in his last 86 games.

We rip Jake and he has 69 points in his last 83 games.
Benn had a peak during those lindy ruff run and gun teams on seguins wing and stars even made a playoffs and rode him hard in their marketing campaigns. Made sense, but at the same time you need to be careful or you are suddenly seeing bobby ryan, kunitz and seabrook types as much more than they really are. Benn even had some selke buzz around him just because he used to play ok, but he never was anything special. Same thing with Horvat in vancouver, his two way rep is nothing but hype.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Benn's just a typical power forward. Exciting players in their prime, but they don't age well.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Yeah Benn is a player that every team should avoid...unless you have your own 9 million dollar, 30 year old player getting 50ish points.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Last season he was shooting at 14% and still only had 53 points. He's just not the player he used to be.

Reactions: Rebels57

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Go look at how Stars fans talk about him.

Hell...he has 55 points in his last 86 games.

We rip Jake and he has 69 points in his last 83 games.
Rather have power forward that can forecheck.. I have't seen forecheck in 5 year.. a forecheck that ends with a smashing type of hit. Maybe change of scenario will benefit both parties. I do not know why we keep playing Jake on PP point when we have Sanheim, Gost provorov. Put Benn in between faceoffs circle where Hartnell use to play.

I am not even saying Benn is better I am saying add a different type of player. if salary #s worked out I would not mind seeing a change.

Last edited:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Last season he was shooting at 14% and still only had 53 points. He's just not the player he used to be.

Sure but that doesn’t mean he’s still not a good/useful player. The biggest thing that hurt his production last year was that his PP scoring was down. He usually is in the double digits for PP assists but only had 3 last year.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Rather have power forward that can forecheck.. I have't seen forecheck in 5 year.. a forecheck that ends with a smashing type of hit. Maybe change of scenario will benefit both parties. I do not know why we keep playing Jake on PP point when we have Sanheim, Gost provorov. Put Benn in between faceoffs circle where Hartnell use to play.

I am not even saying Benn is better I am saying add a different type of player.
Probably want to see someone like boychuk who had Jake lined up for boarding right as he was pinching in the zone and ended the game sucker punching Nolan Patrick? Also to your point the year we sucked our way to Nolan Patrick our top line had schenn and simmer spending their entire shifts throwing body around in the corners.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

I am not even saying Benn is better I am saying add a different type of player.
Making us worse at a higher cap hit just to have a different type of player is a bad idea.

Reactions: kudymen

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Sure but that doesn’t mean he’s still not a good/useful player.
Yeah, he's not Wayne Simmonds level bad. He's just not elite anymore.

Stars are a weird team. Their defense looks fine, with some young and talented players. But then you look at their top 6 on offense and other than Seguin they're all past their prime.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Hischier's just lucky he was the 1OA pick in a weak draft and his team is in desperate need of top 6 players.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
30 year old power forward who has had multiple core body surgeries in the recent past. Six years left at $9.5m.

Speculation: - Jamie Benn: already demoted to 3rd line LW

Stars Captain Jamie Benn Has Offseason Surgery
well, yes he played through injuries last season and has a slow start in 2019-20...
As far as "demoting Benn to 3rd line link" I can reply with a link how lets say Voracek was demoted this season too... so if we can even salary and make that part fair why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad