Miscellaneous NHL Talk XXXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
No, you just struck bull**** oil, benny. :sarcasm:

You didn't address any point I made about his age, overall impact, position, and negligible difference in scoring to overcome that.

I get the position, just thought he would come in at low 6 s and not where he did. There is some risk there imo

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
The 3 I listed all have higher point per games and I think are better and cheaper, looks like I hit a nerve.

Guess we will see. Admit I have only saw him twice so far this year, and he was not good in either of them.

I see reasonable arguments to justify Hischier's contract.

Don't you think it's a bit embarrassing to refuse logic in favor of your limited eye test and then accuse someone clearly less ignorant of emotional bias?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I get the position, just thought he would come in at low 6 s and not where he did. There is some risk there imo

Not much, Nico is a solid two way center who'll get better defensively as he fills out.
That limits the downside, because even if he's a 35-40 ES scorer, if he's a top defender he's still worth $7M.
And if he takes his game to another level, it's a bargain.

It's the guys like Laine where you have to sweat the deal, if he goes cold as a shooter, he could be a net negative as a player.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Not much, Nico is a solid two way center who'll get better defensively as he fills out.
That limits the downside, because even if he's a 35-40 ES scorer, if he's a top defender he's still worth $7M.

It's the guys like Laine where you have to sweat the deal, if he goes cold as a shooter, he could be a net negative as a player.

You just described Hayes :) or RNH

I just don’t see the need to pay 7 mill now for him, they must think he jumps to 70-80 pts sooner than later. I don’t see the 80-90 pt potential so the risk wasn’t necessary.

I could be wrong tho

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
I guess I'm in the minority here, but my reaction to the Hischier contract was similar to Benny's.

Hischier is an interesting case because of Hughes, so it's a heavy commit to Hischier not knowing if he will get the powerplay usage to put up the points that will "justify" the contract.

This is a new era where the kids are getting paid before they actually do anything. Someone is going to get burned and, while the Hischier deal isn't egregious, I am skeptical that it will pan out for New Jersey.

This is a young man's game, though, so maybe the Devils got a steal. Not my first reaction, though.

I'd far rather have Hischier at his price for 7 years than Hayes, though. :laugh:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

And for point f reference, Nico has already paced for 42 and 46 ES point seasons. So he would have to decline from where he already has been.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
At least Cbus lost in OT. Canes losing 0-3.

Oh, Alex Texier with another point....drafted 18 spots after Frost.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Quinn Hughes to score +600
Jack Hughes to score +295
Canucks Reverse Puckline +270

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events