Miscellaneous NHL Talk XXXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
In response to the end of last thread:

I know it's only 3 games. I'm just saying it's something that should be adjusted now so it doesn't hurt us later. You gotta use your best players properly or you'll suffer.

I was also unaware of the flu issue... where was that reported? Hopefully that's the reason for quite a few questionable decisions so far.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Ummm, so tonight's Pittsburgh's centers not named Crosby have scored 40, 9 and 7 career goals in the NHL :laugh:

per Sportsnet feed

Reactions: Rebels57

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018

I know it's only 3 games. I'm just saying it's something that should be adjusted now so it doesn't hurt us later. You gotta use your best players properly or you'll suffer.

I was also unaware of the flu issue... where was that reported? Hopefully that's the reason for quite a few questionable decisions so far.

Interestingly, I haven't been able to find a source in the last ten minutes. It may have been an invention of this forum that I took for fact, but I'll keep looking.

Substitute for that argument the warping effects single moments can have on ice times. Couts goes to the box for puck-over-glass, then Hayes goes for the rare face-off violation. Two minutes of full 5-on-3, this early in the season, would lead you to believe they're purposely keeping the PK minutes down for their best two penalty-killing centers in favor of Laughton and Raffl, who got those minutes.

You're right. Again, you're right. But ease off the gas, bud.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

@Striiker man, I'm not sure how you havent learned this yet. It's ok to make poor decisions as long as you only do it for a little bit.

Reactions: Striiker

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Interestingly, I haven't been able to find a source in the last ten minutes. It may have been an invention of this forum that I took for fact, but I'll keep looking.

Substitute for that argument the warping effects single moments can have on ice times. Couts goes to the box for puck-over-glass, then Hayes goes for the rare face-off violation. Two minutes of full 5-on-3, this early in the season, would lead you to believe they're purposely keeping the PK minutes down for their best two penalty-killing centers in favor of Laughton and Raffl, who got those minutes.

You're right. Again, you're right. But ease off the gas, bud.
Don’t worry, I’m not worked up at all. :laugh:

It’s just something to keep an eye on, especially since AV has a thing for rolling lines/pairs so evenly. If it gets adjusted with time, fine, if not then it could become an issue. We’ll see.

And the reason asked about the flu report is that I genuinely have no clue if it’s true or not. I know a lot of people here see reports that I don’t, since I avoid writers like Carchidi and the pre/post game shows like the plague. So I figured it could’ve been reported there, since I hadn’t heard anything at all about it until I just saw it mentioned on here.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

They said it on the broadcast last night - that's where I heard about it. They didn't mention any individual names, though.

FlyingPhilly

Mar 3, 2013
Philly
Striiker said:
Striikers Keys To Victory:

-Play Couturier as 1C
-Don’t play Hayes as 1C
-Use Couturier as if he’s your best center, since he is
-Couturier = 1C

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

Dude, you forgot Couts is 3Couturier. How can you forget that important fact? :shakehead

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Taryn is on mine.
I always forget about her when I insult the broadcast team...

For clarity in all my future insults, she isn't included. I just hate JJ and Jones/Clement.

Even apart from her obviously being attractive, I find her perfectly tolerable. She doesn't say anything stupid, she's perfectly competent and does her job, and I have no issue with her. She can stay when I buy the company and wipe everyone else out.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA

In addition to the broadcast, someone (I think @MiamiScreamingEagles ?) posted a link to an article about it towards the beginning of the GDT shortly before puck drop.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004

It was mentioned in the Vancouver Sun. Here we go...

Canucks Game Day: AV comes flying back into town

Half the Flyers are fighting a cold. The travel the Flyers have made over the past two weeks have clearly taken a toll: they were in Prague a week ago for a game against the Blackhawks (and a pre-season game in Switzerland before that), then they flew back to Philadelphia for a home game on Wednesday. Then they flew west Thursday.

Travis Konecny said he took a hydration test after the team arrived here in Vancouver and his number was so low, he wasn’t even on the chart.

Travel is a big challenge to an NHLer’s health, leave no doubt.​

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
In addition to the broadcast, someone (I think @MiamiScreamingEagles ?) posted a link to an article about it towards the beginning of the GDT shortly before puck drop.

It was mentioned in the Vancouver Sun. Here we go...

Canucks Game Day: AV comes flying back into town

Half the Flyers are fighting a cold. The travel the Flyers have made over the past two weeks have clearly taken a toll: they were in Prague a week ago for a game against the Blackhawks (and a pre-season game in Switzerland before that), then they flew back to Philadelphia for a home game on Wednesday. Then they flew west Thursday.

Travis Konecny said he took a hydration test after the team arrived here in Vancouver and his number was so low, he wasn’t even on the chart.

Travel is a big challenge to an NHLer’s health, leave no doubt.​

Ahh, ok. Thanks guys. :)

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Honestly, them being sick is kinda good to hear. It means they have even more room to improve once they get healthy and fix the other various roster/lineup problems.

Although it’s odd, since I’d have thought that being sick would make them struggle more at the end of games, because of the effect on their endurance/energy. but they’re struggling in the beginning and looking great at the ends.

Reactions: BernieParent
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad