Miscellaneous NHL Talk XXXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Would you take Nick over 3 of our current roster players?

It was a joke about someone making a thread denigrating past Flyers and being ignorant to him being in the NHL.

As for his merits, I'm not out here caring one way or the other about Cousins. We can build a good 4th line. But a player averaging 1.4 WAR/season and ~25 points on Arizona? He's got a better case for being a more net impactful player than some current starters we have. Even if he doesn't have the size and stone hands of some others.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It was a joke about someone making a thread denigrating past Flyers and being ignorant to him being in the NHL.

As for his merits, I'm not out here caring one way or the other about Cousins. We can build a good 4th line. But a player averaging 1.4 WAR/season and ~25 points on Arizona? He's got a better case for being a more net impactful player than some current starters we have. Even if he doesn't have the size and stone hands of some others.

Cousins and Weal are both marginal "tweeners," Cousins is more physical, Weal is better at puck possession.
On a deep team you could carry them, but they were actually expected to play a major role on the 3rd line for a season, not a few weeks.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015

@CapFriendly: #Leafs currently have $380k in cap space from LTIR relief, too little to recall any player. Tavares would also have to be injured 10 games & 24 days for LTIR placement.

With 20 players on the roster, the club is also ineligible for a $0 cap hit Emergency Roster Exemption recall

Reactions: baudib1

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
So how f***ed are the Leafs?

I'm gonna say the Sabres are legit. I know they started out hot last year but they're getting goaltending now.

I also think the Habs make the playoffs assuming Price and Weber are healthy. Gonna be a tough road IMO.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
I'm sure Chuck "Bottom" Fletcher will find a way to bail Dubas out.

I know you're thinking "But we don't have any cap space." He'll find a way. He's a legit savant at this stuff.
Kapanen for Laughts and Twar

They get 2 NHL players and can ice a full roster while Tavares heals then send Twar down.

We get a guy who has Flyer ties cause you know we can't stop doing that shit.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Kapanen for Laughts and Twar

They get 2 NHL players and can ice a full roster while Tavares heals then send Twar down.

We get a guy who has Flyer ties cause you know we can't stop doing that ****.

Cant trade Laughton for a winger right now

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Or can we.

JVR-Giroux-Konecny
Lindblom-Hayes-Voracek
Raffl-Couturier-Kapanen
Twraynski-Bunnaman-Pitlick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events