Miscellaneous NHL Talk XXXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Dallas let Hartman walk, so how did he overpay for Pitlick?

It's hilarious to see the overpaid-for-Niskanen narrative still going when he's playing 21 minutes a game. Top pairing RHD are not easy to acquire.
Pitlick is a dime a dozen 4th liner. Giving up anything besides a mid draft pick is an over payment

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
I mean, I concur there.

Personally I would have maybe gave L.A. a late pick for Paul LaDue if really needed another Dman. :naughty:

Cousin of Reggie?

source.gif

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I love the trade. Niskanen has been great. But he was a salary dump for WSH at that point. There was no reason for Fletcher to retain salary on Gudas, and since he did, he should have received compensation for doing so. He did the same thing in the Talbot trade which was an even bigger salary dump.
Do you think there aren’t other teams in the league also competing to acquire a 20+ minute RH defenseman who has been a first pair D on multiple winners? You’re going to pass up that upgrade over Gudas & let someone else have him over a tiny amount of retained salary? Fletcher should be praised for that trade not criticized.

Reactions: Domino666

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Do you think there aren’t other teams in the league also competing to acquire a 20+ minute RH defenseman who has been a first pair D on multiple winners? You’re going to pass up that upgrade over Gudas & let someone else have him over a tiny amount of retained salary? Fletcher should be praised for that trade not criticized.
We already know that if the trade was reversed, we would have been attaching a 2nd round DP to compensate for the cap difference

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
I was fine with Chuck's work on the Niskanen deal (and it seemed like a majority around here were as well).

I was puzzled by Braun. I still am.

I thought Chuck reached a bit on Hayes, but knowing now what he knew at the time regarding Nolan, I understand why he did it and support the deal. I'm sure Chuck is really relieved to hear that. :naughty:

Reactions: Rebels57

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
We already know that if the trade was reversed, we would have been attaching a 2nd round DP to compensate for the cap difference

We don’t know anything other than the Flyers got a really good defenseman. And if eating $1.25M or whatever it was made him get traded here instead of somewhere else, fine with me. I’d hate to see this team without Niskanen.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
We don’t know anything other than the Flyers got a really good defenseman. And if eating $1.25M or whatever it was made him get traded here instead of somewhere else, fine with me. I’d hate to see this team without Niskanen.

Niskanen in a bulkhunk. I was super open to having him and in hindsight I was wrong to not be more pumped.

On to the next thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad