Miscellaneous NHL Talk XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Voynov has been charged with a felony for domestic violence.

LA can terminate his contract now if they chose to.

Edit: The situation is still in the NHL's hands right now so a move a can't be made until they lift his suspension with pay.

Last edited:

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Habs traded Rene Bourque for Allen.

Habs have ditched Moen and Bourque who are signed next year, move our garbage Hexy

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy. Crazy story.

Yeah pretty crazy. I don't know how anyone could screw their son over like that.

For those that don't know, he fired his agent a couple of years ago. He really didn't much about financials (like most young kids who are just starting to earn money) so he had his parents help him out with it by giving them control over it. His mom took out about $15M worth of high interest loans in his name which is basically all he's made up to this point in his career.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Bourque's not an awful player when he's motivated. Vinny and Umberger are just washed up and can't play at a decent level.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Bourque's not an awful player when he's motivated. Vinny and Umberger are just washed up and can't play at a decent level.

Anaheim's in position to take on that risk. They have cap space & don't have any really terrible contracts beside that.

He played well in the playoffs last year so it's not a talent issue. Anaheim pretty much throws anybody on a line with Getzlaf & Perry & get the results so they can set him up to be useful.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Anaheim is who we should be calling about for Coburn.

They have tons of kids at every position.

I would push for a Etem and Theodore trade and take Souray back for $ reasons which they would like.

Call up Colorado and see if they want Umberger for Briere. It would be a swan sing for Danny. Play the 2nd PP unit and 4th line. And then be gone at years end....or maybe even the deadline if someone wants him for a playoff run.

Then bench Vinny.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Nice ideas, buy they seem unrealistic.

Who knows.

The good thing if we deal with Anaheim is that they are going all in this year with acquiring Kesler. They might overpay especially for someone who us not a rental and fills a void for a few years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad