Miscellaneous NHL Talk XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Oh my. I tend to not take individual player rankings seriously and understand how subjective it is, but that's a complete joke of a list. An abortion of one really.

Not even sure why ESPN even pretends to care about hockey.

The TSN this summer was pretty brutal as well especially for people who basically only talk about on their network.

IIRC some blunders were Toews at #2, Giroux outside the top 10, Kessel barely in the top 40, etc. They had a bunch of guys who just broke out last year over guys who have been consistently good for the last couple of seasons or more.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Malkin has become so underrated when people do these rankings.

Tavares as usual gets overrated. I wouldn't take him over either Malkin, Getzlaf, or Giroux. Hell Seguin could join that list if he finishes strong again this year.

AaronTrieu

Mar 6, 2008
They should have just scrapped that poll. Anyone with any real knowledge of the players would be like "nahhhh we screwed this up."

This is surprisingly worse than anything Scott Cullen puts out.

AaronTrieu

Mar 6, 2008
The TSN this summer was pretty brutal as well especially for people who basically only talk about on their network.

IIRC some blunders were Toews at #2, Giroux outside the top 10, Kessel barely in the top 40, etc. They had a bunch of guys who just broke out last year over guys who have been consistently good for the last couple of seasons or more.

Nathan mackinnon is also not a top 20 player.
I actually think Jeff carter should be higher.

Ryan o'reily at 38?

Taresenko at 50-something

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Hey guys - don't know where to post this so here is good enough.

You were so right about Carle. So right. We should have listened, but we foolishly didn't and now are suffering from turnover after turnover.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012

You were so right about Carle. So right. We should have listened, but we foolishly didn't and now are suffering from turnover after turnover.

a flyers blog (broad street hockey) tried making the case that he is as good as ryan suter :laugh:

even though our defense is a hunk of crap, i do not miss him at all

who is he usually paired with? when he played here with pronger he did well.

Last edited:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

He went full retart when he didn't have his safety blanket back there in Pronger.

Hedman's out right? If so I would imagine he's trying to overcompensate & that's usually when he shows his ugliness.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

What really killed me in the end was that he was an offensive defenseman who really kinda sucked butt offensively. I think a better label would've been "transition defenseman." Pretty good at getting the puck to the offensive zone, but after that he should've sat on the bench.

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
What really killed me in the end was that he was an offensive defenseman who really kinda sucked butt offensively. I think a better label would've been "transition defenseman." Pretty good at getting the puck to the offensive zone, but after that he should've sat on the bench.

I'll never forget his goal against the Rangers though.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ

Tell you what, you give us Carle and eat 50 pct of his cap hit, and we'll give you #4 back and eat 30 pct of his contract. Deal?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Well kind of hard when we are basically a 1 line team and our D looks like Holmgren's afterbirth...not to mention we are barely ahead of Buffalo....BUFFALO!

Yeah...and in reality, we are are a team looking for a #1 LW yet we have traded 2 of them away in the past few years.

But Schenn looks to be that guy hopefully.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Was just thinking...considering our patchwork D corps.....does anybody recall the details when Brent Seabrooke was on the trade block a number of years ago? I vaguely recall some trade rumors involving the Flyers?

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Was just thinking...considering our patchwork D corps.....does anybody recall the details when Brent Seabrooke was on the trade block a number of years ago? I vaguely recall some trade rumors involving the Flyers?

I think it was something around Carter and Seabrook. But, I'm not sure if there was any legitimacy to it.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I love how much people are losing their minds about the Leafs not saluting their fans after the win last night. Absolutely hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad