Miscellaneous NHL Talk XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
There's no good reason to watch NHL Network unless there's a game on, or if you're waking up in the morning, and want to see highlights while you're getting ready for work

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
This is terrible news about former Flyers' head coach Pat Quinn.

As for Quinn, his health also has been in decline in the past year, so much so that selection committee chairman John Davidson was choked up with emotion as he told the 2014 inductees Friday that Quinn, 71, could not be on hand due to illness.

Asked about the stories that he and Quinn did not see eye to eye in their time together with the Leafs, Mats Sundin (HHOF Class of 2014) replied: "I had my best years playing for Pat. He was the guy who called me telling me I had gotten into the Hall. We were both emotional.

"I wish Gordie, Jean and Pat speedy recoveries."

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/11/17/praying-for-our-ailing-nhl-heroes

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
NHL Network in general is a hunk of crap.

Ha. I kind of like it.

I used to fall asleep to it on accident and because they replay the highlights back to back to back to back often -- I would wake up and for some strange reason know all the scores from last night before I read them in the paper. I'd try to guess them over coffee to see how well the brainwashing worked. Pretty good at it for awhile.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I know it is early to be 'point watching' but if Arizona beat Washington tonight and the other games stay as they are that is a pretty great night for the Flyers.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
Ha. I kind of like it.

I used to fall asleep to it on accident and because they replay the highlights back to back to back to back often -- I would wake up and for some strange reason know all the scores from last night before I read them in the paper. I'd try to guess them over coffee to see how well the brainwashing worked. Pretty good at it for awhile.

Damn. I could never do that. I first got it the offseason Richards and Carter were traded and Bryz was signed. They had a radio show at the time that they would air talking about free agent moves and trades. I thought that was pretty cool but then they got rid of it I guess.

I just find the whole network too vanilla. That and too many reruns.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
I career production when used to say people are good or even offensively. By that logic Jagr is the best player in the league.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
It's sickening how underrated he's gotten. Not that it matters, because that doesn't stop him from being awesome, but I do wonder why it's happened.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I just put on Toronto sports radio. It's obviously pretty hilarious tonight.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Steve Simmons is just a next level beat writer. He directly asked Franson if the Leafs are trying to get their coach fired... I can't even...

On top of that he has the most punchable face I've ever seen. Sooo happy he's not a Philly writer.

I just put on Toronto sports radio. It's obviously pretty hilarious tonight.

You're not kidding. :laugh: Whenever people call in you know it's going to be pure ****ing gold.

Dirty but Good

but mostly dirty
Jan 26, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
The Flames are a pretty fun team to watch right now.

T.J. Brodie looks like a potential offensive-defensman superstar, just on fire right now. That extension could really be a bargain for the Flames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad