Miscellaneous NHL Talk XLIII - April showers

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
Halifax and Sydney in Nova Scotia hosted the World Juniors so they should be able.

Victoria also hosted part of the WJC's, but I think most was in Vancouver.

There are other sites but those are the island ones. Not sure why the focus is on islands though.

Halifax is on an island?

Reactions: Tripod

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Last night I dreamed that hockey came back this year and the Flyers played the Rangers in round 1...

But Game 1 wasn't on tv in BC because the Leafs, Oilers and Habs (huh?) all had games on at the same time and that Sportsnet Pacific was showing Colorado vs Minnesota for some reason.

Because I am a moron, I forgot that I has a subscription to NHL Live, which I only remembered after the Flyers rallied from being down 5-1 to tie it at 5-5 only to lose 7-4 with an empty netter. Yes, somehow in my dream the Flyers actually lost a goal after they tied the game at 5.

TLDR: I miss hockey and my subconscious is a pessimist.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Petterssen could’ve used another year of development at Denver

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
This proposed playoff format is quite awful. I hope it never sees the light of day:

The NHL won't let it see the light of day because it screws the New York Rangers of all teams.

Let the top two teams in each division have a bye, then have next two in the divisions and four wild card teams play in the first round likely in a shorter series. Lets more teams play in the playoffs but doesn't completely f*** things up.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
The NHL won't let it see the light of day because it screws the New York Rangers of all teams.

Let the top two teams in each division have a bye, then have next two in the divisions and four wild card teams play in the first round likely in a shorter series. Lets more teams play in the playoffs but doesn't completely f*** things up.
Any format with byes actually leaves the higher seeded teams at a disadvantage if no other games are played before the playoffs start.

Unless they can finish the season as normal, I am not sure any formats will be "ideal".

Reactions: Tripod

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
ESPN (I know) put out an article re-drafting the top 10 in 2019-2019. Couturier continues to get approximately 0 love:

Capture.JPG

Other notable flyer-related players in the article:

ESPN takes Werenski over Provorov (but only by one slot), Carter Hart is the 8th overall pick in 2016, The flyers take Cale Makar in 2017, and Joel Farabee is the #10 pick in 2018

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
ESPN (I know) put out an article re-drafting the top 10 in 2019-2019. Couturier continues to get approximately 0 love:

View attachment 344320

Other notable flyer-related players in the article:

ESPN takes Werenski over Provorov (but only by one slot), Carter Hart is the 8th overall pick in 2016, The flyers take Cale Makar in 2017, and Joel Farabee is the #10 pick in 2018

They have Couturier 4th overall in that re-draft.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
tbh they should just turn the lites off on this season, and list it as the year NHL was played.

the cup will always carry a * for this regardless who or how its won.
I'll take an asterisk any day if it means the Flyers won the Cup that season.

Let those teams mess around and play each other then in meaningless games.

Still would be a disadvantage because no team is getting near ready by playing "meaningless" games.

The only real solution is finishing the 82 game schedule so everyone is playing for something while getting ready for the playoffs.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
I'll take an asterisk any day if it means the Flyers won the Cup that season.

Still would be a disadvantage because no team is getting near ready by playing "meaningless" games.

The only real solution is finishing the 82 game schedule so everyone is playing for something while getting ready for the playoffs.

somehow its very fittin, that the best chance this teams had in many many years is this year..

sighhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad