Miscellaneous NHL Talk XLIII - April showers

Status
Not open for further replies.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
There won't be any fans so there shouldn't be a home ice advantage. I just don't think TO is a good idea because it would take an army of security guards to keep the players isolated and f*** Yinzerville.

Yeah, no fans but still the comfort of familiar surroundings and atmosphere. Hell, you know the board bounces better. It's not a huge deal but everything matters in the playoffs.

Reactions: Asnito

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I wont lie. Watching empty playoff games, after a shortened season and some sort of non standard format really turns me off.

Even if the Flyers won it would feel so tainted. I hate the idea of Giroux lifting the cup in a silent empty building.
Yep, it'd be completely pointless. No prestige, no excitement, no reward.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Im not even sure people would go to celebrate it at that point, or the players would even bother to show up. Theyre likely already having a shortened offseason, and most of them go 'home' during that time.

The survival of the league depends on it.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
Ill preface this by saying i havent checked a recent case map or totals, but if I'm alaska, im shutting down borders. Them and Hawaii have to be some of the least infected, right?
not sure about the least infected thing. I was more or less going for the isolation angle.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
not sure about the least infected thing. I was more or less going for the isolation angle.

Right, but youre going to have a whole slew of potentially infected people coming in to their towns. It was mostly meant tongue in cheek as im sure theyd all be tested multiple times before they did this anyway, though.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
Right, but youre going to have a whole slew of potentially infected people coming in to their towns. It was mostly meant tongue in cheek as im sure theyd all be tested multiple times before they did this anyway, though.
I would hope they woulden't let nhl teams, play with infected players or staff. Fans woulden't be allowed in the Alaska scenario.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
TIL Chris Therien is a condescending asshole:

E9ACAD80-48DD-461D-AEB6-9176CB0D82D9.jpeg

“People who actually know hockey.”

What a smacked ass

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
TIL Chris Therien is a condescending asshole:

View attachment 343421

“People who actually know hockey.”

What a smacked ass

He's always been attracted to dmen like him. He probably sees Hagg bashing as also bashing him by extension, since his playstyle is increasingly obsolete and therefore increasingly criticized.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
I don’t fault Bundy for not subjecting himself to the possibly lethal dose of cognitive dissonance required to admit Hagg is terrible. The man has a good life; there’s no need to spend the rest of it babbling to himself in an asylum.

Haha! This made me laugh out loud.

He, JJ, & Jonsey are the leaders of the Hagg fan club for sure.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Neutral sites that could work should be spots that havent seen good hockey in a long long time

Atlanta
Quebec
Joffrey Hapsquirk's backyard
Hartford

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
There's two types of people:

1) The ones who know how horrible Hagg is

and

2) Dinosaurs

Therrien is an idiot, but we already knew that. His fear of numbers is also not surprising. It's also not even about defensive defensemen... since Hagg is not that. He's bad in all 3 zones, does nothing well, and is as overly aggressive as someone who actually has skill.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->