Status
Not open for further replies.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Here ya go

"And lastly I'll say, there's one other guy - I believe - in hockey today, that's still working in the game, that has won more Stanley Cups than me. So I think I know a little bit about winning, if there's ever a concern."

Also, just want to point out how funny it is that they blame their success in the 80's for their current terrible teams (before this video and up until now). :laugh:

The part you're talking about is at 1:47 in the video above. You had it pretty close.

Has someone come in with the inevitable "How many cups did you win?" Yet?

Reactions: Striiker

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Kovy should be in.
Im biased as he's my favorite non-Flyer ever but only Ovi is above him in terms of goalscoring the past 25 years.

Gut feeling is that I would vote for him too. It’s just that Scoring totals and averages are often quoted for him without in any way accounting for the ridiculous PP time he got. He had a couple of seasons averaging right around 7 Minutes of PP time per game. He’s got something like a third of the top 20 highest single game PP Minute totals since they’ve been tracked.

This last bit is more trivia than anything else, but he does hold the NHL record for PP time in a single game with 20:05.

rinaldo

Ignored Mmber
Apr 7, 2019
I agree. How can anyone say that is a fair trade? Sure let’s tear down the depth the Flyers have for one very good player.
I hang up the phone as they are saying Travis Konecny .
so you wouldnt trade Konecny for Eichel? he is a top player in the league not just a very good one.

rinaldo

Ignored Mmber
Apr 7, 2019
I think Eichel can and will be a 100 point player. Question is, would you rather have one 100 point player or two 70 point players + Frost/Farabee/Patrick + 1st?
I would offer a lot to get Eichel, but I'm not trading half our top 6 for him.
what would you offer? It goes beyond just points. Jake has been putting up points for years and what does the team have to show for it. Eichel is one of the best in the game.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Kevin Lowe.

bust1.gif

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I think Eichel can and will be a 100 point player. Question is, would you rather have one 100 point player or two 70 point players + Frost/Farabee/Patrick + 1st?
I would offer a lot to get Eichel, but I'm not trading half our top 6 for him.

Something to be said for elite talent, but I’d rather keep our depth. Especially with a good coach like AV.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
what would you offer? It goes beyond just points. Jake has been putting up points for years and what does the team have to show for it. Eichel is one of the best in the game.

That's really the line of thought you are going to take when talking about the captain and best player of 2nd biggest dumpster fire in the NHL? Bold move, Cotton.

rinaldo

Ignored Mmber
Apr 7, 2019
That's really the line of thought you are going to take when talking about the captain and best player of 2nd biggest dumpster fire in the NHL? Bold move, Cotton.
do you think eichel is one of the best players in the game? is that conclusion yo make from that statement? don't bother to answer carry on

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Vancouver’s health standards being too high should be met with repulsion.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I don't get the disdain, but that might be because I think that pretty much every stadium who has sold their naming rights has a useless name. This is no dumber than Jobing.com Arena or Guaranteed Rate Field.

At least the Big Bank Center hasn't changed names in a decade.

I just think it’s dumb. But I don’t necessarily disagree with what you’re saying. I did like how sports stadiums used to be regular names & not sponsors before big business took over.

It still exists some in college football for example (non-sponsor stadium names) but in some cases traditions are too strong there that money hasn’t been able to overcome to this point.

Reactions: Striiker and pit

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
I just think it’s dumb. But I don’t necessarily disagree with what you’re saying. I did like how sports stadiums used to be regular names & not sponsors before big business took over.

It still exists some in college football for example (non-sponsor stadium names) but in some cases traditions are too strong there that money hasn’t been able to overcome to this point.

There are still a handful of professional stadiums that are free of it: Fenway, Yankee Stadium, Camden Yards, Lambeau Field, Wrigley Field and I think a few others. And sure, some corporate names sound less obnoxious than others, but it's just a matter of degrees to me.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Pittsburgh Penguins, the luckiest franchise of all time...

Carey Price uneasy about return to play. Sounds like he will when it comes down to it, but it’s not like he’s saying “Let’s murder these f***ers”.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
There are still a handful of professional stadiums that are free of it: Fenway, Yankee Stadium, Camden Yards, Lambeau Field, Wrigley Field and I think a few others. And sure, some corporate names sound less obnoxious than others, but it's just a matter of degrees to me.

And Wrigley is actually one of them - we just don't care because it sounds nice :naughty: If, e.g., Kellogg's sponsored a stadium, or we had a "Folger's Field" (maybe in Milwaukee, to f*** with Chicago via rhyme), we probably wouldn't mind too much. Even "Minute Maid Park" isn't too offensive, aside from all the cheating going on inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad