Miscellaneous NHL Talk XLIII - April showers

Status
Not open for further replies.

rinaldo

Ignored Mmber
Apr 7, 2019
That I would probably do. But that's literally half the original trade deal.

Nobody knows what you're getting at man. You're just the rambling cat lady from the Simpson's
probably do? interesting. What would give you hesitation to not make that deal

rinaldo

Ignored Mmber
Apr 7, 2019
Jack has been putting up points for years and what does the team have to show for it. Guy clearly can't win. Gotta take a chance on Frost and hope he is a WINNER.
right. funny thing is i didnt bring up the point aspect you or someone else did.

They should do frost a favor and trade him then no? i mean surrounded by all these players who put up points and cant win.

rinaldo

Ignored Mmber
Apr 7, 2019
Frost appears to be a G lite. Not sure about that level of pt production. Seems very unlikely. But you shouldn’t trade that. Got to put him in and get him in top 6 or 9 depending on the talent we have with him.
agree why include an unknown in a deal for one of the top players in the league who is only 23.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
agree why include an unknown in a deal for one of the top players in the league who is only 23.

He isn’t far off from being the highest paid player in the league. He’s awesome and probably the exact type of player this team could use. I’d rather have him in the mix over Hayes obviously. But given that usually you have your top guys neutralized in the playoffs anyway, I don’t think it’s worth it. Couts somehow always produces against top lines somehow so he is such an elite playoff guy. Then you are just out depthing other teams. It’s better to keep TK, Jake, Frost and the first. I would trade jake but that’s not happening with the future cap so we will just have to take his 70 pt and love it. He was killing it before the season ended. TK is a must for this team that gets kind of soft even with him. First are worth a ton these days. Or at least they should be. With the cap locked at a low number for the next few years cheap players that are skilled, aka rookies, are worth even more.

Reactions: LorneMalvo

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Kind of rooting for ottawa to get the top 2 picks. Their fans deserve it. Even though they are likely going to be a juggernaut even without this other high pick given all their picks over the next few years.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
He isn’t far off from being the highest paid player in the league. He’s awesome and probably the exact type of player this team could use. I’d rather have him in the mix over Hayes obviously. But given that usually you have your top guys neutralized in the playoffs anyway, I don’t think it’s worth it. Couts somehow always produces against top lines somehow so he is such an elite playoff guy. Then you are just out depthing other teams. It’s better to keep TK, Jake, Frost and the first. I would trade jake but that’s not happening with the future cap so we will just have to take his 70 pt and love it. He was killing it before the season ended. TK is a must for this team that gets kind of soft even with him. First are worth a ton these days. Or at least they should be. With the cap locked at a low number for the next few years cheap players that are skilled, aka rookies, are worth even more.
I'd trade Frost and a couple 1sts if that's all it takes to get Eichel. But that's not going to happen.

Reactions: TheKingPin

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
right. funny thing is i didnt bring up the point aspect you or someone else did.

They should do frost a favor and trade him then no? i mean surrounded by all these players who put up points and cant win.

Listen Rimaldo that's your exact quote with a little extra tacked onto the end. If you don't like to listen to your own truths I don't know what to do with you.

rinaldo

Ignored Mmber
Apr 7, 2019
Listen Rimaldo that's your exact quote with a little extra tacked onto the end. If you don't like to listen to your own truths I don't know what to do with you.
what part of i didn't bring up the points didn't you comprehend? pay attention please.

It is true jake has put up a lot of points and there hasn't been much team success. Would you disagree with that?

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
what part of i didn't bring up the points didn't you comprehend? pay attention please.

It is true jake has put up a lot of points and there hasn't been much team success. Would you disagree with that?

Exactly, we know everybody involved is a loser except Frost. He is still an unknown. Hopefully he can prove to be a WINNER, and not just a guy that puts up points.

rinaldo

Ignored Mmber
Apr 7, 2019
Exactly, we know everybody involved is a loser except Frost. He is still an unknown. Hopefully he can prove to be a WINNER, and not just a guy that puts up points.
just answer the question as it has nothing to do with frost at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad