Miscellaneous NHL Talk V9.0 - 2018/19 Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
CBS saying that Bruce Cassidy said Pastrnak was going to be double shifted at RW tonight because they don't think Backes is a fit at #2RW.

What a fit for Simmonds...beside Krejci and DeBrusk.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
CBS saying that Bruce Cassidy said Pastrnak was going to be double shifted at RW tonight because they don't think Backes is a fit at #2RW.

What a fit for Simmonds...beside Krejci and DeBrusk.

I think Boston is a really likely landing spot for Simmonds. We better make them overpay though.

Reactions: Jtown and Tripod

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I think Boston is a really likely landing spot for Simmonds. We better make them overpay though.
From the main boards...Leafs fan saying a Toronto media guy suggested it would cost the leafs Nylander for Simmonds...lol.

Man...if GM's would listen to media, we could get a haul for Simmer. Hopefully Hockey Central at noon will start talking more about possible trades.

:) and as I write this...the big bad Bruins take the lead!

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
what was an outlier?
Their production level. Giroux's not going to be a 100+ points player every year. Voracek may never reach 85 points again. Couturier and Ghost will have to prove that last season wasn't an anomaly.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Their production level. Giroux's not going to be a 100+ points player every year. Voracek may never reach 85 points again. Couturier and Ghost will have to prove that last season wasn't an anomaly.
The PP scoring wasn’t far out of normal ranges though, which was specifically what I was looking at.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
CBC saying Marner was willing to sign for 9 million x 8 years in the summer. Leafs said no.

Now Marner's agent saying if the talk is still 9 million...it will be on a shorter deal.

:)

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Friedman saying they are clear sellers and some don't want to be left waiting to sell and it becoming a buyers market

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I don’t really blame them, like where really was the benefit there from the team perspective.
I agree....at 9 it was a big risk.

The worst for them is that with Nylander out, Kap stepped in and is now going to get a bigger deal than if Nylander had been with the Leafs all year and played as expected.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The PP was fine last year without Schenn.

I think Simmonds being complete trash, frustration and trying to force things, and a healthy dose of bad luck are the problem right now.

I think teams are playing the PP more aggressively (including the Flyers lately) and the Flyer players are still adjusting to that new approach by the PK. Flyers like to hold the puck and wait for the perfect pass, but PK defenders aren't giving them time, but moving the puck around quickly is not something you can master in a week.

They were just as good last year without B Schenn, so the personnel hasn't really changed, and JVR is as good or better than B Schenn as a PP scorer.

Ghost is also "off," his shooting is much worse this year, doesn't get the puck on net as much, and just doesn't look as confident as last season.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Hextall should be fired for taking NAK instead of Point.

Point was ranked top 40 by most services. Had 91 points in 72 games his draft year on a team where 2nd best was 55 points in 58 games. Not one where you act too surprised in hindsight.

So, I wouldn't just fire Hextall. I'd fire Clarke and Homer. And Fletcher. And Jonesy.

It was still better with Schenn though.

From 14-15 through end of 16-17, it ranked 3rd overall.

Coots is not as effective in the slot. Id like to see JVR there.

Giroux, Jake, and Ghost scored at rates of 7-7.6 points/60 last season versus 4.75-6 points/60 in Schenn's final season. Rates and chances were similar. You have to remember PP2's effect on team stats. Last year they were humming on PP1. You could point to many reasons why. But last year's success is a fact.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Point was ranked top 40 by most services. Had 91 points in 72 games his draft year on a team where 2nd best was 55 points in 58 games. Not one where you act too surprised in hindsight.

So, I wouldn't just fire Hextall. I'd fire Clarke and Homer. And Fletcher. And Jonesy.

Giroux, Jake, and Ghost scored at rates of 7-7.6 points/60 last season versus 4.75-6 points/60 in Schenn's final season. Rates and chances were similar. You have to remember PP2's effect on team stats. Last year they were humming on PP1. You could point to many reasons why. But last year's success is a fact.

Coots was a lot more effective on the PP last year. Especially the first half of the season. Teams have taken him out of the equation too easily this season and when Giroux does squeeze pass through to him, Coots is not picking corners.

Reactions: Tripod

flyers0909

Nothing Matters
Jul 10, 2007
PICKTEAMGPRECORDPTSPPGROWSTREAKL10TOP 3#1 OVR
Philadelphia
4516-23-6380.84414Lost 11-7-249.4%18.5%
Ottawa
COL
4617-24-5390.84817Lost 12-7-138.8%13.5%
Los Angeles
4618-25-3390.84817Won 15-5-033.9%11.5%
Detroit
4717-23-7410.87215Won 12-6-228.8%9.5%
Chicago
4716-22-9410.87216Lost 34-3-326.1%8.5%
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Truly a thing of beauty.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Coots was a lot more effective on the PP last year. Especially the first half of the season. Teams have taken him out of the equation too easily this season and when Giroux does squeeze pass through to him, Coots is not picking corners.
if you are counting on Couturier to pick corners we are in trouble. He's not a sniper...not his game.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Not sure who else saw it, but On The Fly, the NHL Network recap show. Gotta check out the clip with the Pens-Kings recap. Snoop Dog was present, 1st puck drop, guest DJ, and did a little bit of play by play. The Snoop play by play calls, amazing. To the regular guy, he used one of the Snoop Dog lines in his call later on, and while it was dad-stop-trying-so-hard-to-be-cool,-you'll-never-ever-be-cool type moment, it played well, and made the viewing experience memorable.

Press, Get there, Get that, Get that in there, Smith got good D, Take a shot (exacerbated), Somebody got to be willing to take a shot it can't be all passes somebody got to want to make that money, who want the money?, somebody got to want that moula, get that oughta there, push it to the limit, c'mon Quick get those hands up.

That's a poor representation of some of the selected quips, but fantastic. Amazeballs.

Also, this may have been a national game, it sounded like Pierre being butt hurt that there was a missed off-sides call, and like rugby or soccer the refs let the advantage play and the Kings ended up scoring. Whomever was moaning like a punk that the play should've been called dead at the Kings blueline. f*** Pierre McGuire. Oh, he wasn't there bitching like a Pens slobber jobber? I reiterate, f*** Pierre McGuire.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad