Miscellaneous NHL Talk V9.0 - 2018/19 Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
The Lightning might fizzle in the second half, like they did last season (by 44 games in 2017-2018 they were at a 0.734 PTS% and finished with a 0.689 PTS%). Still, they could go 10-20-8 for the remainder of the season and probably make the playoffs. That's a PTS% of 0.368, which I think is worse than any team has performed over 38 games this season. Hilarious...

I wonder what McDavid would be able to do on that team.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
McDavid would break that bank on Toronto or Tampa. Think he's pretty close to Gretzky/Lemieux as the most dominant offensive player.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Ekholm makes under $4M for the next three seasons after this one. Why would they trade him for Voracek who makes about half more than that & plays winger?

This free agent class is also setting up to be pretty fruitful upfront & they have capspace to play with.

Browse - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

They want to be adding key pieces to their roster right now not subtracting them.

I feel like Ek and Panarin get a lot of coverage here, and don't get me wrong, I would like either of them, but am I the only one that wants Stone more than either? He could be a good winger for a center like Frost next year.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Stone's really good. I prefer the other two, but he is definitely someone worth getting excited about.

1. Karlsson
2. Panarin
3. Stone

Would be my wishlist. After those 3 I'm less enthused, but still some good players potentially available. Hopefully most make it to July 1. Could be the rare free agency period where it is wise to break the bank.

4. Duchene (good player, seems like a dick though)
5. Skinner
6. Nyquist
7. Hayes
8. Pavelski
9. Lee
10. Donskoi

Something like that. I didn't give much thought to the order. Staal's a UFA too. Will Fletch try his luck again?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The summer UFA crop is shaping up to be one of the best in years and we will have a ton of cap space. Good timing.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Stone's really good. I prefer the other two, but he is definitely someone worth getting excited about.

1. Karlsson
2. Panarin
3. Stone

Would be my wishlist. After those 3 I'm less enthused, but still some good players potentially available. Hopefully most make it to July 1. Could be the rare free agency period where it is wise to break the bank.

4. Duchene (good player, seems like a dick though)
5. Skinner
6. Nyquist
7. Hayes
8. Pavelski
9. Lee
10. Donskoi

Something like that. I didn't give much thought to the order. Staal's a UFA too. Will Fletch try his luck again?

I would love to have Skinner on this team. Skinner on Giroux's wing? yes please.
I dont think Panarin gets to the open market. IMO

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I've always been a big fan of Skinner. Very exciting player when he's healthy.

Buffalo got him practically for nothing and it looks like Hextall didn't even bother trying to get him on our team...

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
We should have traded for Skinner in the summer and extended him already.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tripod

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
The summer UFA crop is shaping up to be one of the best in years and we will have a ton of cap space. Good timing.

and we have a gm that wants to go in, it's going to be an exciting offseason that's for sure.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Ekholm makes under $4M for the next three seasons after this one. Why would they trade him for Voracek who makes about half more than that & plays winger?

This free agent class is also setting up to be pretty fruitful upfront & they have capspace to play with.

Browse - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

They want to be adding key pieces to their roster right now not subtracting them.
Not putting down Ekholm, he''s a good LH defenseman but why give up something to get him in the off season? If the Flyers are going to go for a defenseman in the summer, get the Lightning's Strahlman as a FA. He's a righty and could play top pair with Provorv

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Meanwhile, Hart's being seeing once since he was 16 or so, and may be the best CHL goalie in a decade or two.
Now he's starting in the NHL at 20.
PGhe.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->