Jun 23, 2008
Mount Joy, PA

Look at this thing. Just look at it.

200w.webp

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
RE:Spooner

I understand expecting him to bounce back a bit just leaving Edmonton and that he can play some Center, but as was said, he makes more than Weise for the same term and dear God is he awful defensively.

To be fair, he did things that are needed on this team (Zone Entries, etc), but that's getting to be a while ago now and the across the board drop is more than just being in any one place can be.

Those tertiary Bruins Forwards are usually not the bets I want to make.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Well we also should add, that TT took a bridge deal of 2 years at $2.86 million per year. So "technically", TK could go that route too. Take 2 years at 3 million then look for the 5-7 million deal after that. Personally I hope they go higher years even if it costs a bit more. But even doing that means he should not touch TT since there is a 20 points swing in points.

And yes you can point to PP points, but TK has gotten PP minutes on the 2nd unit and has been part of it not producing. So Mgt can point to that. It's not like he has been give no chance.

I can see the contractual argument since total points and minutes played on the powerplay would be the terms discussed. However, it feels disingenuous to not dig deeper into context. Minutes on the Flyers' PP2 is not much of an opportunity.

More on the disconnect I mentioned... Teams have in house systems to make player valuations. Why hasn't this type of analysis migrated to discussion on contractual value? As soon as the word contract comes up all talk of rate/relative metrics goes out the door. The biggest factors in determining salary for RFAs seem to be point totals and irrelevant hockey guy intangibles.

Reactions: Tripod

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Chiarelli is NOT dead, I repeat, NOT DEAD

Dude I am so glad we fired Hextall before Chiarelli gets fired by the Oilers. Even rumours about interviewing him would kill me

You’d hope there’s enough proof out there at this point that shows this dude has no clue what he’s doing but I’m sure some hockey guy will point back to that time the Bruins won a cup to justify it again.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Shero blew that rebuild, they're just good enough to stay mediocre, 20th ranked farm system, will have to tank and hit on the draft lottery to have much hope.
Their best players are 27 (Palmieri, Hall, Coleman, Vatanen).
Under 25: Nico, Butcher (24), Bratt, Zacha, Seney, Mueller
Blackwood is a promising young goalie, which they need since Kincaid has gone south and Schneider fell off the cliff.

Reactions: BernieParent

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
He traded Hall, Eberle, Schultz, & the draft pick that ended up being Barzal to our division. The best asset he has out on his current team out this ordeal is a meh mid-pair guy in Larsson.

Unless we’re the benefactors I don’t really want keep giving this guy some more cracks at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad