Miscellaneous NHL Talk V10.0 - 2018/19 Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Not that the Flyers really had a chance at him, unless trading prior to the Sharks, but Evander Kane is having himself a good season. On pace for a roughly 30-30 season.

Just saying, all the nay-saying about the guy, seems to have been for naught.

Reactions: hatcher

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Not that the Flyers really had a chance at him, unless trading prior to the Sharks, but Evander Kane is having himself a good season. On pace for a roughly 30-30 season.

Just saying, all the nay-saying about the guy, seems to have been for naught.

I don't think anyone ever doubted his talent. And if there was a team with the culture to absorb a "character" guy, it's San Jose.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Its so dumb that the three main stats always shown for goalies are save percentage, goals against average, and win/loss/OTL record.

Record is equally as useless and stupid as showing +/- because neither are stats the individual has control over.

What if a goalie faces 50 shots, tons of high quality chances, only lets in one goal, but his teammates done score at all? why should that loss be listed next to his name as if it’s something under his control?

What if a goalie looks like complete trash, lets in 5 weak goals, but his teammates score 6?

The NHL should be focusing on showing the fans stats that actually matter. Not useless garbage like record, +/-, blocks, hits, etc.

Reactions: achdumeingute

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Don't sleep on Vegas. Will be a better playoff team this year than last.
Does that mean they win the Cup this year?

And as not to double post, character and talent was an issue with Ksne. Folks thinking he lost something playing on those bad Buffalo teams without producing.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I think Vegas is a better team now than the one that went to the Finals last year, for a lot of reasons. They have more scoring depth, and guys like Carrier and Reaves have legitimately taken big steps forward this year. Reaves looks like a guy who realized he knows how to play hockey now. Tuch is much improved, and Stastny and Patches are big additions. Pirri is a revelation.

They probably shouldn't have beaten Winnipeg though, so maybe that luck evens out this year.

Reactions: hatcher

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Flyers are 14 pts back of the wildcard after going 4-1? Over the last games. If they win their two games in hand over 7th MTL who they just beat in reg, they are still 11 pts back. They got in a such a hole. I don’t know when we will see a Flyer team be good from
beginning to end but it’s been awhile. Took it for granted as a kid.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Really fun autograph return in the mail today...

Sent to Alex Wennberg in early September. Not only got my card back signed and personalized today, but also a really nice note of his own. Definitely one of my favorite returns I've gotten in my seven years of collecting.
View attachment 177471

This is good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->