Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Somewhere Konecny is smiling.
???

TK has paced for 33, 47 and this year 44 points
TT has posted 42, 64, and this year 67 points

TK is producing roughly 71% of TT. I would be happy if we paid him 71% of TT's contract...so at 3.87 per. To me, TK has earned a 4 million dollar contract at most.

And when you see what Nylander got, for posting 2 61 point seasons, this TT deal is quite good.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
???

TK has paced for 33, 47 and this year 44 points
TT has posted 42, 64, and this year 67 points

TK is producing roughly 71% of TT. I would be happy if we paid him 71% of TT's contract...so at 3.87 per. To me, TK has earned a 4 million dollar contract at most.

And when you see what Nylander got, for posting 2 61 point seasons, this TT deal is quite good.

You’re probably right, but Konecny is one of the better 5v5 point producers. He’s sitting at ~0.5 ppg with little to no PP or PP1 time, which I think would put him at close to the top of his age group in ES production. Consider also that Konecny doesn’t get the dedicated minutes expected out of a 1W.

It’s easily arguable that Konecny should get paid a lot more, but there’s a disconnect at play. Minutes played and total points accumulated matter in determining contracts.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
You’re probably right, but Konecny is one of the better 5v5 point producers. He’s sitting at ~0.5 ppg with little to no PP or PP1 time, which I think would put him at close to the top of his age group in ES production. Consider also that Konecny doesn’t get the dedicated minutes expected out of a 1W.

It’s easily arguable that Konecny should get paid a lot more, but there’s a disconnect at play. Minutes played and total points accumulated matter in determining contracts.
Well we also should add, that TT took a bridge deal of 2 years at $2.86 million per year. So "technically", TK could go that route too. Take 2 years at 3 million then look for the 5-7 million deal after that. Personally I hope they go higher years even if it costs a bit more. But even doing that means he should not touch TT since there is a 20 points swing in points.

And yes you can point to PP points, but TK has gotten PP minutes on the 2nd unit and has been part of it not producing. So Mgt can point to that. It's not like he has been give no chance.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I echo the curiosity that is wondering if Weise would get traded for Spooner. Spooner makes more than Weise. Also don't think Spooner is not "come on he couldn't even make the Oilers" bad because everyone who leaves Edmonton makes out better.

Reactions: kelmitchell

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)

Look at this thing. Just look at it.

Two things

1. If McD doesnt get Pulju started, nothing will

giphy.gif

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Was just on reddit and I learned about this goalie who would stop pucks with his ****ing face.

My dad played goal for his college hockey team in that era. He took a stick blade from a shot follow-through right to the nose, and woke up a minute later looking up at the rink ceiling covered in blood. He had a slight right turn in his nose for the rest of his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->