Miscellaneous NHL Talk V10.0 - 2018/19 Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It's also situational, it was easy for Boston to play McAvoy early, because they had Chara instead of MacDonald as a veteran D-man. You can put rookie forwards with Crosby b/c he attracts so much attention.

It's easier for the Flyers to pair a rookie forward with Couts (see Lindblom) than with Patrick. It would help Provorov to have a veteran RHD, and Sanheim to go back with Gudas and maybe Ghost - Myers.

While the Flyers had veterans the last few years, they weren't talented enough or suitable to pair with rookie players. So it makes it harder to put rookies in positions to succeed.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
IMG_0314.JPG

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
W.Nylander is getting just raked over the coals.

was 9th in icetime for forwards tonight. Benched for awhile. Demoted to the 4th line. -3 in a 3-1 loss.

Then also an article comes out about him still not passing Halak in points on the season.
I imagine they'd be extra hesitant paying Kapanen now after that Nylander fiasco.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
@Captain Dave Poulin your boy Tripp Tracy just had a zinger about Keith Tkachuk on the Canes broadcast. He’s on a dad trip there with Ottawa. Tripp said something to the effect that you see some of these former players & think they could still play today. Paused & said Keith is not one of them.

That's great :laugh: He should fight that Joey Votto or whatever his name is with that hot dog eating contest on Coney Island.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
W.Nylander is getting just raked over the coals.

was 9th in icetime for forwards tonight. Benched for awhile. Demoted to the 4th line. -3 in a 3-1 loss.

Then also an article comes out about him still not passing Halak in points on the season.

Lol that’s awesome. I pulled that article up. Fantasy sit or start robots pick Halak to start on offense over Nylander.

I think he will be fine. He sat out so long that it will take some time. But if he’s a buy low target or it increases the chance Kapanen is out I’m all for it.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
The transformation of the Islanders is pretty astounding. 1st in the Metro now.
Best defense in the entire league. Last season they were last in GA.

And all that after losing their franchise player. Looks like all they needed all those years was a good goach.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Lol that’s awesome. I pulled that article up. Fantasy sit or start robots pick Halak to start on offense over Nylander.

I think he will be fine. He sat out so long that it will take some time. But if he’s a buy low target or it increases the chance Kapanen is out I’m all for it.
He will turn it around at some point. They too have 9 days off coming up so maybe that's the break he needs to clear his head, have some hard practices, and start playing to potential.

But the Leafs will keep Kapanen as insurance this year for sure, imo. He is too cheap compared to production.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad