Miscellaneous NHL talk, summer Part two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Weekend end blooper. Eklund reports possible 3 way deal Leafs, Jets, Flyers - Sanheim for Nylander swap.
Makes sense.

Leafs get their RHD they need
Jets get the cheap D man to replace Trouba
And Philly gets the RW they need. Oh wait. Voracek, TK, Simmonds are our RW? Hmmm.

Meanwhile on D:

Provy AMac
Ghost Gudas
Hagg Myers
Folin

Oh what fun!

Reactions: Rebels57

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Makes sense.

Leafs get their RHD they need
Jets get the cheap D man to replace Trouba
And Philly gets the RW they need. Oh wait. Voracek, TK, Simmonds are our RW? Hmmm.

Meanwhile on D:

Provy AMac
Ghost Gudas
Hagg Myers
Folin

Oh what fun!

+Allison, JOB, NAK, Kase, Lycksell, Sushko.

If Eklund was going to make up a rumor, at least have it make sense. The only forward that makes sense right now is an inexpensive 3C on an expiring contract.

Reactions: Rebels57 and Tripod

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

If Eklund was going to make up a rumor, at least have it make sense. The only forward that makes sense right now is an inexpensive 3C on an expiring contract.
And to add from the Jets, they have Morrisey, and Kulikov at LHD....and then Niku who was the top AHL Dman last year so likely gets a look this year. And Samberg on the way too. Bothe these 2 guys were voted in the top 4 prospects by their fans this summer. They don't really need a young LHD.

Reactions: Rebels57

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
I don’t want voynov, because I won’t cheer for someone to succeed, whose actions go against my beliefs. That being said, Voynov believed skill set (haven’t seen him play since his L.A. days) would of been a great fit on this team. However I’d rather cheer for Hagg and Amac then Voynov

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Plus Nylander wants a big contract, given we have TK, a more physical scoring "smurf" at RW, Frost on the way and a passel of scoring RW prospects, I can't see where Ron would be interested - he'd be trading talented cost controlled assets for an expensive asset.

As far as trading Sanheim, this will only happen if Ron has decided he's not a good fit, it won't be up to Hakstol.

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
Hey there Philly Fans! In case we aren’t able to sign Karlsson, would you be interested in making an offer for him? We could do a sign and trade and he would be making 11 mil. We’ll need a roster player (to help with your salary cap, some prospects and or picks. Would love to hear your pitch

Reactions: Devonator

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Let me talk to Ronald, and I’ll get back with you.
20180628_204437.jpg

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Hey there Philly Fans! In case we aren’t able to sign Karlsson, would you be interested in making an offer for him? We could do a sign and trade and he would be making 11 mil. We’ll need a roster player (to help with your salary cap, some prospects and or picks. Would love to hear your pitch

Ill give it a whirl.

LHD Travis Sanheim (projects as top 4 two-way dmen and PP QB)

2019 1st round pick

LW/RW prospect Isaac Ratcliffe (projects as middle 6 goal scorer)

LHD Andrew MacDonald (cap dump - 2 years left at $5 million per)

Reactions: Tripod

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Ill give it a whirl.

LHD Travis Sanheim (projects as top 4 two-way dmen and PP QB)

2019 1st round pick

LW/RW prospect Isaac Ratcliffe (projects as middle 6 goal scorer)

LHD Andrew MacDonald (cap dump - 2 years left at $5 million per)

Do you really think we need a Karlsson? I fully understand how good he is but we have enough point production from the D w/ Ghost and Provy. I also see Sanheim and Myers contributing

IMO we need a prime Vlasic type more than a Karlsson

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Karlsson is the best defenseman in the league so saying you don’t need him is kind of crazy.

That said I’m not willing to give up what was proposed in this thread for the right to give him an 88 million dollar contract. If he makes it to UFA I’d have no problem.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Karlsson is the best offensive defenseman in the league, we have one of the top 5 in Ghost.
Karlsson is the better ES player, Ghost is the better PP QB.
Karlsson did play 100 minutes on the PK, and had a xGA/60 of 7.88, which is meh. Year before,1 64 minutes and a xGA/60 of 6.88.

Do you pay Karlsson $11M to QB PP2 for 1 minute a night?

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Toronto may want Trouba but he's not cheap. Right now he's going to get $5.5M this season and will be an RFA at the end of it. He'll get a bump in his new deal. The Loafs might as well give Nylander the extra money that he wants. It's next year when Marner and Matthews need new deals that the Leafs are going to be in cap hell. They should have thought about all of this before going crazy for Tavares.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Toronto may want Trouba but he's not cheap. Right now he's going to get $5.5M this season and will be an RFA at the end of it. He'll get a bump in his new deal. The Loafs might as well give Nylander the extra money that he wants. It's next year when Marner and Matthews need new deals that the Leafs are going to be in cap hell. They should have thought about all of this before going crazy for Tavares.
Whenever you can add a #1 C for free, you do it. It now gives them another asset to trade for need...like Nylander...if the right deal comes along.

Reactions: Peter Man

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Whenever you can add a #1 C for free, you do it. It now gives them another asset to trade for need...like Nylander...if the right deal comes along.
Every team in the league knows the Tor cap situation. They’d be silly to give them fair value for Nylander. Tor gains JT but loses Nylander, JVR and Bozak. Not so sure that that’s a net gain.

Reactions: Devonator

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Every team in the league knows the Tor cap situation. They’d be silly to give them fair value for Nylander. Tor gains JT but loses Nylander, JVR and Bozak. Not so sure that that’s a net gain.
You think they are losing Nylander for nothing? Of course not.

But now they have more ammo to go find a trade. And if they overpay to fill a need, so be it.

No different then if we signed JT, then traded Voracek in a deal for Trouba. Then lost Simmonds to UFA.

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010

Bozak is replaced by Kadri at 3C
JVR is a loss, but gave them 6 good years at the expense of Puke Pen
Nylander will net them assets

So they're left with 2 #1 C's and a pretty good #2 C plus whatever they get in return for Nylander. That's not a bad spot to be in.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries

Giving up the required assets to give him 11 per leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I think I would rather risk taking a run at him in FA with a team loaded up on young talent and not get him then make that trade.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
meh. We have Gostisbehere who is similar and much cheaper. We can use that money elsewhere more effectively. If we could sign him via free agency and give up no assets, sure. But I wouldn't trade for him

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad