Miscellaneous NHL Discussion: Off-Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Are you serious? You would trade two picks for one to move up to get someone. WHAT IF THEY COULD HAVE HAD TWO ALL STARS AND DAHLEN SUCKS?!

For real though, TT is a 21 year kid that played third line minutes and limited PP2 time and had more goals than Voracek and nine less than Giroux, the vast majority coming at ES. He may not be a superstar, and I'm certainly not suggesting that he is, but I'd rather have a guy already producing in the NHL than one guy (or two) who might maybe possibly produce at the same or better clip in a couple years.

The reason I mentioned Dahlen specifically is because he is the type of sleeper pick that could have a bigger impact than a guy like TT has thus far had at the NHL level. Or Dahlen could bust..but he has game-breaking skill.

I dont think id have been dissapointed if we made the trade that Carolina..im just not upset that we didnt.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
The reason I mentioned Dahlen specifically is because he is the type of sleeper pick that could have a bigger impact than a guy like TT has thus far had at the NHL level. Or Dahlen could bust..but he has game-breaking skill.

I dont think id have been dissapointed if we made the trade that Carolina..im just not upset that we didnt.

Fair enough. I don't think he's the missing piece or anything like that. But for the price I'd do it every day of the week. I'm curious as to what the market was. There was a rumor of this deal a week or two ago but I don't remember if specific teams were involved or if it was just that Chicago was desperate to move Bickell and would include TT to get it done.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013

Translated: Everything indicates that the NHLPA will agree to increase the salary cap by 5% next year. Final decision will come within 2 weeks.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
If I'm doing the math correctly, the cap will go to about 75MM. Flyers around 14MM now

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It was reported earlier the number being floated around is somewhere in the vicinity of $73M. The cap was actually expected to go down off last year's number of $71.4M without the the cap inflator from the players.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I've seen it in a few different places...

What's with this growing idea that the Lightening are trading Bishop?

A combination of selling high, getting something before he walks or is exposed in the expansion draft as a pending UFA, and making room for Vasielvskiy.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Yeah it's one or the other because who ever is left unprotected is definitely getting scooped up. Good time to be in the market for a goalie though.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
I'm not the biggest Bishop fan at all, i actually think he is an average goaltender with a humongous body...

With that said, wouldn't it make more sense to trade the goalie who didn't just get nominated for the Vezina?

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Vasilevsky is going to be a super star in net. Sell high on Bishop and make way for the more talented goaltender to grow. He'll be cheaper than Bishop for a little while as well.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I'm not the biggest Bishop fan at all, i actually think he is an average goaltender with a humongous body...

With that said, wouldn't it make more sense to trade the goalie who didn't just get nominated for the Vezina?

With the way Bishop was playing I can't see TB making it to the ECF with him in net.

The guy reminded me of a faster Leighton at times. Questionable rebound control, and if you made him move his limbs to go for a save there was a very good chance he'd blow it.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

Not when they need cap space.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
With the way Bishop was playing I can't see TB making it to the ECF with him in net.

The guy reminded me of a faster Leighton at times. Questionable rebound control, and if you made him move his limbs to go for a save there was a very good chance he'd blow it.

Agree. I've been very critical of him for the last two years, but felt like the only one at times.

He sure is gigantic, but that's about it.

I'd sacrifice a few inches for someone who could move, like Rinne, any day of the week.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Vasilevsky is going to be a super star in net. Sell high on Bishop and make way for the more talented goaltender to grow. He'll be cheaper than Bishop for a little while as well.
Yep, Vasilevskiy was one of their best players these playoffs. If there ever was a time to trade Bishop, it's now.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I get the idea that Tampa would rightfully be looking to sell high on Bishop, but how many teams are looking for goalies? The market, at its best, becomes cyclical when guys start moving, so that usually means it slows down afterward. Last year saw Jones, Talbot, Lack, Lehner move via trade. Niemi technically did too, but he had to be signed. Since then you've had Matt Murray and Thomas Greiss emerge (if Greiss counts), we've got Neuvirth pushing Mason. I'm not seeing where bodies are moving to. You've got Calgary and Toronto. Not see anyone else out there.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I get the idea that Tampa would rightfully be looking to sell high on Bishop, but how many teams are looking for goalies? The market, at its best, becomes cyclical when guys start moving, so that usually means it slows down afterward. Last year saw Jones, Talbot, Lack, Lehner move via trade. Niemi technically did too, but he had to be signed. Since then you've had Matt Murray and Thomas Greiss emerge (if Greiss counts), we've got Neuvirth pushing Mason. I'm not seeing where bodies are moving to. You've got Calgary and Toronto. Not see anyone else out there.

Toronto is a good partner for them - a lot of young assets/draft picks, to spare Tampa salary problems; a big name for that Toronto market; a glaring need in net for the Leafs. I also wonder if there is a way Dallas could get involved, but everyone is saying those two goalies they have are unmovable. Calgary needs a goalie, but I wonder who they would part with? It should be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad