Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXVIII: Post Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Has this ever happened since they put the yearly limits in?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
A man who can’t put on anything but the same golf shirt every day can’t be trusted to run an organization. How is no one in the financial department cognizant of this? I actually kind of hate the Kraken.

Did someone say golf shirt?

This was one of the other Ron's go-to's

cut.jpg

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Fox was only ever going to play for NYR so recouping 2 2nds instead of him walking in a year to sign for free was pretty good.

Seeing Skinner's progress as a player, I don't think they feel they lost that one either.
Shouldn't a model franchise be good enough for Fox then?

kyuss

Wings make our ding-dings sing.
May 28, 2012
Ive never heard of it, so i tried googling it. It didnt ring even a remote bell.
There was an unfortunate fad in the late 90’s/early 00’s that may have been limited to Delco and S. Jersey that caused numerous women to wear their lipstick in a style which evoked the look of a recent “oral extraction” so to say. Such women were deemed “Picassos” to honor their artistry.

Last edited:
Reactions: Starat327

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Nurse has evolved into a very good defensemen and i'd rather have him at $9 million than Jones at $9.5 million (plus the cost Chicago paid in assets to acquire)....but neither are worth that much of the cap. Both teams are now paying $30 million for 3 players.

Last edited:

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I’d take McAvoy on my team so fast his rippling cheeks would cause hurricane force winds.

Nurse has evolved into a very good defensemen and i'd rather have him at $9 million than Jones at $9.5 million (plus the cost Chicago paid in assets to acquire)....but neither are worth that much of the cap.

I think he’s evolved more into playing more minutes and a majority with McDavid. He has a 13% swing in relxGF% with him. He doesn’t grade well in anything but offense (again, hard to not acknowledge the elephant in the room, even he’s good), while consistently being awful in defensive impacts and special teams. That’s my type of $9 mil guy.

At least Seth Jones you can pretend the last 3 seasons didn’t exist and say he did have #1 impacts once upon a time. Let me be clear: it’s all f***ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad