May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Well over a decade ago in early Rome,

tenor.gif

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Tanev is a good example how much a player's metric can change in different situations, going from a very bad to good team.
Problem with Jones that for most of his time in Columbus, he's been on good teams with good partners (i.e. not Braun stuck with over the hill Vlasic).
They made the playoffs four straight years before this season, and you could do worse than Werenski as your partner.

Well, Tanev is a defensive defenseman who was signed to a 4 year contract at age 31. He has a lengthy injury history, but also a history of great defensive impacts. In his decline the last few years, which could just as easily be ascribed to age/injury, his defense wasn't even bad. He's just always been nothing offensively, and his defense went from great to passable. It was great again this season. I don't think they really have anything in common profile-wise. Seth Jones might make $70 million, and the years we are discussing are ages 24-26.

JFresh discussed this on Twitter, but poor as Columbus may be, guys like Werenski and Gavrikov didn't see drastic changes in their metrics this season.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
2019-20 Vancouver was clearly better than 2020-21 Calgary. 2018-19 Vancouver was roughly equivalent to 2020-21 Calgary. What are we doing here?

I know they were a dumpster fire this year and going back to 2017-18, but there's really no argument that Tanev just went from a shit team to a good one and that's all that was wrong with him. Tanev's worst year was the Cancucks' best season in recent times.

He had injuries. He had a down year. It happens.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
2019-20 Vancouver was clearly better than 2020-21 Calgary. 2018-19 Vancouver was roughly equivalent to 2020-21 Calgary. What are we doing here?

I know they were a dumpster fire this year and going back to 2017-18, but there's really no argument that Tanev just went from a shit team to a good one and that's all that was wrong with him. Tanev's worst year was the Cancucks' best season in recent times.

I propose that he is terrible and has always been terrible because he is a Calgary Flame.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018

And ancient Rome was before all these guys by at least a decade

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I’m not hating on Gallant, he believes in physical play & emotion, but I think his reputation is inflated.

Reactions: tucson83

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The Flyers can't even make an assistant coaching change -- hey, Michel -- and just lazily promoted Lappy to Phantoms HC. You need to walk before you can run.....away from Alain Vigneault.

This team is fixing their walking issues by vigorously crushing their shin bones with a sledgehammer. That'll teach their metaphorical legs for not working.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The good news is that AV will be fired by Thanksgiving after the Flyers piss down their legs the first 2 months of the season and attendance drops.

The bad news is, one less quality coach available to replace him.

Julien will be gone by then too im sure.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
What also sucks is that, in addition to being completely incompetent as coaches, they’re also just garbage human beings and incredibly unlikable.

And it’s not just them, it’s from top to bottom:
Most of the fanbase are braindead trash.
The media are arrogant shills.
The broadcast pair are stupid shill cavemen.
AV and Therrien are scum.
Fletcher is the human equivalent of soggy corn flakes, with the brains to match.
Holmgren is an empty shell.
Dave Scott is a lizard.

The only aspect of this org that isn’t complete shit is a small handful of the players. Everything else is horrendous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad