Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LVI: Playoffs for some, golf for others

Status
Not open for further replies.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
How has the last decade gone for the Flyers and is there a presidents trophy in their near future after said decade?
f***ing lmao at "you don't want to be the AVS, it took them a decade to get where they are!"

It took the Flyers a decade to get where they are, and they are currently the 6th place team in the division. What a decade well spent.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Clarke and Holmgren both got us close...but point taken.

In the interest of fairness, i think the issue is above even the GM level at this point. I give Fletcher a little bit of a reprieve (he still sucks) because im sure hes getting pressued to do certain things by Scott. AV has no excuse though, as GMs rarely interfere with lineup decisions or schema, etc.

Reactions: BiggE

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
In the interest of fairness, i think the issue is above even the GM level at this point. I give Fletcher a little bit of a reprieve (he still sucks) because im sure hes getting pressued to do certain things by Scott. AV has no excuse though, as GMs rarely interfere with lineup decisions or schema, etc.

I hear you. Also, I wouldn't want Tocchet an an HC but he's been a good Assistant on other teams in the past. His Flyers ties don't negate that.

Reactions: Don Nachbaur 26

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I hear you. Also, I wouldn't want Tocchet an an HC but he's been a good Assistant on other teams in the past. His Flyers ties don't negate that.

as an assistant, i wouldnt mind him coming back. I know this isnt likely to happen, but id much rather take a chance on an unknown than commit to known mediocrity.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Of course. They're going to leave us in the f***ing dust next season. We'll be a bubble team and probably miss. They'll be competing for the Division title.

But do they know. He doesn’t preach defense?

How is a club to win with a guy like that?

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
so it begins....

cue AV playing with nipples gif here..

@Captain Dave Poulin

7YuQjae.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events