Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LVI: Playoffs for some, golf for others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Tocchett I believe coached the Pens’ PP during their cup years. They turned it around during his tenure from the previous coach I believe too.

But not sure he’s headed for assistant job & I doubt the Flyers fire Therrien or Yeo anyway.

Wouldnt mind Tocchet as an Assistant. He's proven himself in that capacity and we need someone with the capacity for anger somewhere on the bench.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
We should get rid of Therrien and hire Knoblauch. Get rid of Yeo also with a better defensive coach. I know people don't like having past players come back but Tocchet is a more defensive style coach.. We know
AV isn't going anywhere for next season but if things go South in a hurry we can fire him and finish the season with one of the assistants. Julien and Gallant will be head coaches somewhere next season.

Uhhh, you know Knob already coached our PP under Hakstol and it wasn't good?

The only job i'd be interested in giving Knoblauch is head coach of the Phantoms, the job he should have been fired for in the first place.. but he probably was only willing to take an NHL position being a hot commodity at the time.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I would bring in Tocchet in about 12 seconds, primarily to be coach in waiting but also because knows the Flyers

Reactions: Rebels57

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Wait, you want to get rid of a retread Dino and go out and hire another retread Dino?

iu

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
We give you guys Eichel, in exchange you send Gritty to wherever Terry Pegula is and he bites Terry's head off like a chicken.

Deal???

Sounds good. We'll also throw in Gritty setting the rest of the franchise on fire (minus Reinhart and Dahlen) and making it look like an accident for insurance purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad