Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LII: Covid Cup Final Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He plays on one of the worst teams in the league, and at age 18-20, he is already better than someone like Kevin Hayes by every single measure. Maybe a marginal RFA overpay at first, but that contract will get a lot of value over 7 years, I wager. He gets lost in the shuffle of those other top 5 picks being superstars, but he’s still a stud and one of the better all-around young players of his age. I wish Patrick performed like Hischier and we could give him that deal.

I'm sure Hextall did too. :sarcasm:

I think a healthy Patrick has more upside than Nico, who is hobbled by his team but not exactly over-acheiving either.
58g, 11-13 24 at ES, he's regressed since putting up 42 his rookie season.
A solid two way center, but hasn't made that jump (yes, he has 2nd line linemates, but TK put up 19-19 in similar circumstances.

Both Nico and Patrick (if Healthy) are solid 2C candidates going forward, but I'd rather have Barzal.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
This Draisaitl win reminds me of Coffey winning the Norris over Howe in 1986.

Howe was the best overall dman in the NHL that season, but Coffey got to rack up points as a 4th forward with one of the greatest offenses ever assembled.

Howe actually finished ahead of Coffey in Hart Voting (4th overall) but behind him for Norris :laugh:

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Brian ... Nugent ... Lopkins?
Butt-naked-leprechauns

113357628_7092111c93_o.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events